This plugin will is no longer maintained.
Feel free to fork it.
- Why not?
- JP Sharing – Share content with Facebook, Twitter, and many more.
- JP Widget Visibility – Control what pages your widgets appear on.
- JP Markdown – Write in Markdown, publish in HTML.
- JP Custom CSS – Customize your site’s CSS without modifying your theme.
- JP Gravatar Hovercards – Show a pop-up business card of your users’ gravatar profiles in comments.
- JP Omnisearch – A single search box, that lets you search many different things.
This plugin slows the theme
Is just the plugin I want
One of the (very) few sharing plugins that works well with WooCommerce. JetPack is too heavy when all that’s really wanted is this clean, light sharing plugin. It works so well, please keep it maintained… there are a lot of active installs relying on this.
Simple, to the point. Very pleased.
What I like:
– Simple to install
– Looks smart, non intrusive
– Easy choosing which items you want vs don’t
– Small and doesn’t affect performance
I would give it a 5 star if:
– the email article to a friend has the blog exerpt
– there was a shortcode you could use (or generate) to add it to any page you want
Great plugin. Hope that it continues to be developed further!!
Contributors & Developers
“JP Sharing” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- New sharing button: let users share your content using Skype.
- Added a new filter to customize the default OpenGraph description.
- Enhancement: Added a possibility to opt-out of sharing for a single post
- Enhancement: Added bbPress support
- Enhancement: Added more configuration to the Likes modal
- Enhancement: Made the reddit button open a new tab
- Enhancement: Removed unused files
- Enhancement: Updated the Google logo
- Enhancement: New filter to choose if sharing meta box should be shown.
- Enhancement: New filter to allow sharing button markup to be editable.
- Enhancement: New filter to allow you to specify a custom Facebook app ID.
- Bug Fix: Added a thumbnail image to OpenGraph tags on pages with DailyMotion embeds
- Bug Fix: Fixed Twitter Cards tags escaping
- Bug Fix: Made OpenGraph tags for title and description use proper punctuation
- Bug Fix: Made sure Likes can be disabled on the front page
- Bug Fix: Fixed OpenGraph tags for Instagram embeds
- Bug Fix: Fixed compatibility issues with bbPress
- Bug Fix: Use full SSL Pinterest url instead of protocol relative.
- Bug Fix: Fixed plus signs appearing in tweets shared from iOS.
- Enhancement: Retire StumbleUpon
- Enhancement: Upgrade to reCAPTCHA 2.0 for Email Sharing
- Enhancement: LinkedIn always uses https for share counts. (saved extra http request)
- Bug Fix: Fix Facebook share button not showing for Australian & Canadian locale
- Enhancement: Reduce spam through email sharing
- Bug Fix: Styling fixes
- Enhancement: Changes Facebook share count method per Facebook API change
- Bug Fix: Changes Facebook share count endpoint
- Security Hardening: Remove Genericons example.html file.
- Enhancement : Add custom service name as a class
- Enhancement : display name of custom service in link title
- Enhancement : Remove default post types for showing share links
- Enhancement : use Jetpack version number when enqueing sharing.js
- Bug Fix : Open sharing in same window
- Bug Fix: Including sharing account on Pinterest unofficial buttons as well.
- Bug Fix: Properly version external assets by Jetpack release version.
- Enhancement: add new jetpack_sharing_counts filter for option to turn off sharing counts.
- Enhancement: Use the Site Logo Theme Tool and the Site Icon as fallbacks for image tags.
- Bug Fix: Prevent duplicate @ in shared Tweets.
- Enqueue Genericons on static front page as well if selected.
- Bug Fix: Fixed styles.
- Dutch translation by Bierleeuw.
- Portuguese translation by Celso Azevedo
- Update to 3.1
- Change plugin name to “JP Sharing” in response to Jetpack team request.
- Improved RTL support
- Updated Genericons to version 3.1, new icons for website, ellipsis, foursquare, x-post, sitemap, hierarchy and paintbrush.
- Bugfix: Pinterest adds attribute to display share count.
- Bug Fix: Respect an empty sharing title.
- Bug Fix: Share buttons now appear in the bbPress forms.
- Bug Fix: Support for multiple meta html tag og:image values.
- Enhancement: New look
- Bugfix: Ensure Sharing settings persist when Bulk Editing a post
- Swedish translation by Max Beta.
- Bugfix: Notice Use of undefined constant JETPACK__VERSION
- Update to Jetpack 2.9.3
- Update to Jetpack 2.9:
- Add filter sharing_display_link
- Add get_share_title function and filter
- Display buttons on CPT archive pages
- Adding keyboard accessibility to sharing buttons config page
- Update to Jetpack 2.7
- Initial release