Extends the Jetpack plugin and allows you to add sharing buttons anywhere inside your posts thanks to the [jpshare] shortcode
Important: for this plugin to work, you must activate Jetpack first, and activate the sharing module.
- Install the Jetpack plugin, connect the plugin to WordPress.com
- Activate the Sharing module
- Install the Jetpack Sharing butttons shortcode plugin via the WordPress.org plugin repository, or via your dashboard
- Activate the plugin
- Place the [jpshare] shortcode anywhere in one of your posts or pages
- Enjoy, and share! 🙂
Easy to use. Works.
Excellent plugin which resolves a missing functionality of Jetpack sharing icons. A big thank you to the author, keep on with the good work! 🙂
Hunted this plugin down when looking for a solution to fix Jetpack share buttons not displaying on front page.
Now using it on other site for control of placement
There is a big gain after the line of the sharing (If I use with “more” button)
I need a “class” that differentiates the short-code lines from the rest of the original share jetpack lines.
I can’t fix that in scc, only what I has been added.
Thank you for making this plugin. A must-have, works great
Same problem. After install nothing happends. Im using last WP version.
Contributors & Developers
“Sharing buttons shortcode for Jetpack” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Avoid Fatal Error when sharing_display is undefined.
- Make changes to the plugin logic
- Check that Jetpack and the Sharedaddy module are active
- Initial Release