JCD Simple FAQ is a lightweight plugin which adds FAQs to your WordPress site. Create questions easily via the dashboard and then display them via shortcode as a basic list or accordion. You have control over the output, including ordering, categorisation and styling. Let the theme inform the appearance of your FAQs so that they blend in seamlessly, or use one of the built in accordion skins.
- Categorise your questions
- Specify post ordering via shortcode
- Use multiple shortcodes per page
- Can be styled by your theme or by selecting a separate accordion skin
- Includes a basic shortcode to pull through a plain list, ready for styling by a developer
- From your admin interface go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for JCD Simple FAQ
- Click “Install Now” under the plugin in the search results
- Click OK on the popup
- Click “Activate” to enable the plugin
- Unzip the installation zip file
- Copy the files to your plugins directory
- From the admin interface click Plugins
- Find in the list of plugins and click “Activate”
On activation you will see a new menu option in your dashboard called ‘FAQs’. From here you can set up categories and add questions in the same way that you would add blog posts.
To display your FAQs in the front end, use either the basic or accordion shortcode:
Full instructions, a list of shortcode options, demo and examples at http://www.jocoxdesign.co.uk/demos/
Contributors & Developers
“JCD Simple FAQ” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
2.0 – 2015-04-10
- Created first two accordion skins
- Added accordion shortcode