Changes the Short URL and the Twitter Tools URL for each post on your site using a custom, shortened domain and a base-36 encode of the post ID.
- Buy a short domain
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Update the “Short URL” in Options->General
If you’re running a multisite configuration, copy
sunrise.php to the
wp-content folder and set
define('SUNRISE', 'on'); in
Why would I want this Plugin?
You can use a custom, shorter url for the short urls in WordPress and with Twitter Tools.
Does it work with Multisite enabled?
Yes, but you have to copy the
sunrise.php file into the
Contributors & Developers
“JB Shortener” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Fix formatting on options page
- Display warning if no short domain is set
- Now works with multisite installs with subdirectories
- Various optimizations
- Removed explicit support for domain mapping plugin
- Removes entries from the redirect database in multisite mode
- No longer continues to redirect after plugin has been disabled in multisite mode
- more efficient check for database install
- No longer requires hosting of short-url redirect scripts, even for multisite
- Straight redirect to post instead of bouncing to
- No longer need to host the short-url redirect on an external domain for non-multisite installs
- First version