wp_jschat is multichannel and you may add as many chats as you need in your pages.
It has been develop to make an exemple of wordpress plugin in a whole french tutorial about developping wordpress plugin
This section describes how to install the wp_jschat and make it working.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- that’s it 🙂
- How to add the shoutbox ?
Simply Add the chat widget in your sidebar
- How to add a channel ?
Use the form in admin pannel to add your channel, alls channels are listed there.
- How to add a chat in my page ?
Use the [wpjschat] bbcode as follow :
[wpjschat channel=”CHANNEL_ID“]Default text[/wpjschat] ie :
[wpjschat channel=”1”]Default text[/wpjschat]
- Can i add my own smileys ?
Not at this time.
I like it, it’s simple, basic and straight to the point, well, too simple but better than other plugins, i hope you add more stuff to it, like; Height and width, pop up, stuff like that.
Chatwing provides an excellent Free chatroom and shoutbox for any website or blog. It takes a moment to implement and has numerous features.
Chatwing does not require a wordpress plugin it is very simple to use.
Contributors & Developers
Interested in development?
- First release
- Fix bug path
- Update for last wordpress version
- Fix prepare() method second argument
- Fix channel admin that was not working in lastest wordpress version
- Fix Autoscroll (/kiss nitrou26)
- Fix version number