Why is the limitation of the lifetime a Problem?
Depending on your website their might be a lot of Problems. The two main challenges might be:
2. Cookie Consent Banner
Cookie Consent Banner
If the cookie lifetime is limited by the browser to seven days, the user will see the banner every seven days, even if he made already a choice.
This can be annoying and conversion relevant.
How does this Plugin work exactly?
As part of the HTTP protocol all cookies are always send to the backend with every request.
This plugin uses this fact, by checking every request if one of the defined cookies is present. If a defined cookie is present, it sets it with the same value again.
This can be avoided by checking the “before unload”- feature. With this feature enabled, every time the user leaves a page, an additional request is send in the background and the cookies are set again.
So you can be sure, the server was the last to touch the cookie.
Just install this plugin and go to Settings > ITP Cookie Saver and activate it.
You can add the cookie names you want to save. The Google Analytics Cookie is already prefilled.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
Interested in development?
- Fixing major bug from v1.1: setcookies had problems with older php versions.
- added samesite attribute when saving cookie. It is always “lax”.
- you can config the domain where to write the saved cookie now.
- bug fixes
- Minor Fix
- Minor Fix: in very few case there were some PHP Notices thrown.
- Minor Fix: Duplicate Fieldname in Settings.
- First Version of this Plugin. More to come!