ItemPress’s custom post type stays out of the way of your blog posts and pages and allows you to create content of any kind, organized many different ways.
This is currently a beta product and, if you are interested, you can help me out by installing and using the product, then visiting the Support Tab and giving feedback (Please use
itempress-feedback tag)! You can also visit
#itempress on IRC.
You could use ItemPress to:
- Take notes
- Write and organize documentation
- Store personal recipes without writing a blog post
- Just make any kind of content that stays out of the way of your posts and pages!
This plugin is developed at Github and deployed here each release.
Credits & Thanks
Tracy Rotton, TatumCreative, MRW Web Design, TC Custom Taxonomy Filter
http://www.taupecat.com/ | https://wordpress.org/plugins/tc-custom-taxonomy-filter/
Helped give us the filtering functionality we needed to dig into items.
Sameer Humagain, Simple Custom Post Order
http://hsameer.com.np/ | https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-post-order/
Code from Sameer’s plugin helped us make it so you can change the order or items in the WordPress Dashboard.
diddledan at #wordpress
Helped solve an issue to help make sure that archive pages sorted posts by menu_order.
Best way to install is using your WordPress Dashboard, just search for ItemPress! You can also download and put the extracted content in
- What are Associations?
They are a way of assigning items to people, groups, etc without cluttering your labels. All users are automatically set with an association that starts with an @. This means can group together items that could be assigned to @user, and they can find them easily.
Contributors & Developers
“ItemPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix where some dropdowns would show empty for filtering https://wordpress.org/support/topic/some-filter-items-that-dont-have-terms-show-an-empty-dropdown?replies=1
- Fix to major bug http://goo.gl/PqMhJu causing the new items to be unusable since ItemPress never flushes the rewrite rules.
- Permalink bases for items and taxonomy can now be updated using Settings > Permalinks
- Changes to default slugs (items, labels, associated)
- Updated plugin information for current users to get support
- Labels in drop-downs are not hierarchical
- Fix to issue where selecting terms from WP Admin was not working
Reworked code to be more clean.
Made it so plugins can add more taxonomy to items (https://bitbucket.org/aubreypwd/itempress/wiki/Additional%20Taxonomies).
- Alpha product intended for dogfooding the product initially and gaining feedback. 1.0 will be a more stable version of the product.