Send SMS messages directly from your WordPress website.
It allows all users of your website to send text messages immediately or they can schedule them at a later time or date. Messages will be send through a Gateway by Messagebird.com (a dutch company for payment & text-messages). A free Messagebird account is required.
Users can buy credits from you to send sms messages, an administrator is able to set the price. If you want to attract more registrations for your site you can give new users an xx amount of credits as a gift for their registration.
For now the plugin is in dutch (NL) only.
Do you like this plugin?
Please rate it here or make a donation. —>
Copyright: Istiecool 2013
The plugin is completely written Dutch and has no translation (not yet).
It’s very important that you keep your WordPress plugins up to date. If you don’t, your blog or website could be susceptible to security vulnerabilities or performance issues. If you use this plugin, you must make sure you keep yourself up to date with new releases of your active plugins and update them as new versions are released.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
- Unzip the ZIP file and drop the folder straight into your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create a free Messagebird account and buy some credits to send text messages
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Istiecool > IstieSMS > Follow the on-screen cues.
- In your user admin area you can give users credits to send messages.
- Is it available in foreign languages?
No, not at this moment. The plugin is completely written in dutch.
works like a charme 😉
Contributors & Developers
“Istie SMS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- new QR-code for donation
- tested with latest WordPress version (4.6.1)
- better security (storing passwd)
- small bugfix sended sms-history + credit overview prices
- added donation QR-code
- compatibility with WP 3.6
- ref. mollie.nl changed to messagebird.com
- added character count & maximum length in sms message area.
- small bugfix
- namechange plugin (istiesms)
- new users can get an xx amount of credits as a gift for their registration.
- get user meta data to display standard sendername in sms-form.
- added demo user restrictions (no send/order).
- added error messages in options page.
- included css for datepicker.
- Initial release.