Let your readers comment where they really should!
The iscribbled Powerful Web Annotation and Commenting Plugin enables you to enable user comments on specific parts of your blog. Use this tool if you want to enable micro-comments and the comments are expected to be short and close to context.
You can enable commenting on any div, paragraph or span html element on your web page with a simple change.
The tool can also be used in classroom by teachers to have students post questions on web-based lecture notes or to have active discussion on the web-page itself.
The comments are stored at iscribbed.com servers reliably, which takes the headache of storing comments away from you.
The integration is very easy and should not take more than 5 minutes! Try it.
- Complete the iscribbled.com provider registration. Note: If you do not complete the registration step, you will not be able to moderate comments for your website.
- Follow the instructions. You will be able to download the wordpress plugin zip file to your machine. Unzip and put the contents of the plugin under plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins). You should now have a folder – /wp-content/plugins/iscribbled
- Go to Admin->Plugins and activate the plugin “iscribbled”.
You will now need to edit your blog’s html source. Go to Admin -> Edit Post. Click on “HTML” tab to go to HTML view. Mark any div/span/p element to enable commenting for that section (details below). The commenting window appears on page refresh.
- Say you want to enable commenting for some text that is not already wrapped in a div/span/p element, then wrap your text in one of html tags (div/span or p). If you already have this, then skip this step.
- Assign an id (unique to the page) to the element you want to enable comments for. In some instances you may already have one, in which case skip this step.
<div class="myclass">Some text ...</div>
<div id="some_unique_id" class="myclass can_be_scribbled">Some text ...</div>
That’s it! The commenting icon will appear next to the element you marked on page refresh.
Contributors & Developers
“iscribbled” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed the issue with missing scripts files in the plugin.
- Initial version.