This plugin adds the ability to mark a comment as irrelevant.
This version requires WordPress 2.9 or higher. If you want to use this Plugin with WordPress 2.8 or 2.7, you need to download version 0.9.3 of the plugin!
- Mark comments as irrelevant. The comment will be replaced by the text
irrelevant Comment. Clicking on that reveals the actual comment.
- A comment author can mark his own comments as irrelevant
- The admin can mark all of the comments as irrelevant (via admin panel or link on each comment, requires “Edit comment” link (
<?php edit_comment_link(); ?>in theme))
- The option to mark a comment as irrelevant can disabled on post edit screen
- includes English and German localization
The plugin provides the following CSS classes:
a.irrComments_adminlink– Link to mark a comment as irrelevant (only shown to admins or authorized users)
p.irrComments_form– Checkbox under the comment form
p.irrComments_link– Link to show the comment text for irrelevant comments
div.irrComments_marked– The text area for irrelevant comments
irrelevantComments.css. If you don’t need the stylesheet, you can delete it.
- Upload folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Notice: By deactivate the plugin, all informations associated with the plugin will be deleted.
- Why can’t I mark a comment as irrelevant, even though the plugin is enabled?
You have to activate “Allow to mark comments as irrelevant” on the post edit screen.
Contributors & Developers
“irrelevantComments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bugfix: The link to mark a comment as irrelevant now works again.
- The association between a comment and the status “irrelevant” is now stored in the wp_commentmeta table, introduced in WordPress 2.9
- Including an upgrade function, which converts the data from the old to the new version
- Fixed autosave bug
- Tested up to WordPress 2.9
- First stable release