The plugin will show your visitors their country flag, based on their IP Address. You can add it as a widget to your sidebar, using a shortcode in your post or pages or directly in your template trough template tags.
The geolocation is provided by http://www.ipgp.net
You can use [ipflag] shortcode, add it trough a widget, or directly into template with <?php echo ipgp_flag(); ?>
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the plugin files and upload them into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Appearance’ section on your admin panel, and select ‘Widgets’ submenu OR add the following shortcode to your posts and pages: [ipflag]
- Drag “Ipgp Country Flag” widget and paste it to your active sidebar, in the place you want it to appear
- Do i have to change my theme to make the plugin work?
No theme changes are needed for this plugin.
- I don’t want the plugin to appear in the sidebar, can i add it elsewhere ?
You can place the plugin in your sidebar, or in a page or post using template tag [ipflag] or directly into the template with <?php echo ipgp_flag(); ?>
This plugin will let you show your visitors the flag of their originating country.
Contributors & Developers
“Ipgp User Country Flag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Fixed version number
- Created admin menu page with instructions
- Set fixed width to the flag image
- Fixed widget headers and footers display
- Updated deprecated function register_sidebar_widget
- Changed plugin description
- Tested with wordpress 4.4
- Fixed display problems of the flag
- Adapted to work with wordpress 4.1.1
- Checked and tested for wordpress 4.0.1 compatibility
- Changed from xml to json api version
- Fixed api call problems
- Added support to work with API key
- Fixed the problem showing a broken image when the country is not available
- This is the first version of the plugin