ipBlockList allows WordPress users to block malicious or unwanted IP’s from accessing their website.
ipBlockList.com is a community and server based blocklist that is constantly updated with the help of user submission and web server iptable reports. ipBlockList.com has created this free plugin to allow WordPress users the ability to add another layer of protection to their website.
Using the ipBlockList plugin, users can manually enter IP addresses using a simple administrative form. Admins also have the option of activating dsheild.org and Spamhaus BGP feed (BGPf) to increase their level of security against known attackers.
When the webpage first loads, the ipBlockList plugin will send the visitors IP address to the ipBlockList.com web service to check if the IP address exists and is banned. The IP Address will also be checked again the local whitelist/block settings manager.
There are three display options to notify a banned user:
Display basic text
Redirect the user to a new URL
Custom HTML code.
- Automatic installation through WordPress:
- Log-in to your WordPress site.
- Hover over Plugins and click Add New.
- Under Search type in ipBlockList, then click Search Plugins.
- In the results page, click Install Now.
Once installed, click Activate Plugin. You’re done!
- Upload ‘ipBlockList’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings->ipBlockList to configure
Visit our FAQ’s section for more information – http://www.ipblocklist.com/index.php?p=faq
Contributors & Developers
“ipBlockList” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Visit our FAQ’s section for more information – http://www.ipblocklist.com/index.php?p=change_log