This library enables you to easily integrate geolocation solution into your blog site, plugin or template. In a nutshell, it’s a library derived from https://www.ip2location.com/developers/php but works as a WordPress plugin to simplify the setup for the usage. It supports both the IPv4 and IPv6 address. Below are the information you can retrieve from this library:
- Country code
- Country name
- Country flag
- Region name
- City name
- Latitude and longitude
- ZIP code
- Domain name
- Time zone
- Net speed
- IDD code
- Area code
- Weather station code & name
- MNC, MCC, mobile carrier name
- Usage type
This plugin supports both IP2Location BIN data and web service for geolocation queries. If you are using the BIN data, you can update the BIN data every month by using the wizard on the settings page for the accurate result. Alternatively, you can also manually download and update the BIN data file using the below links:
If you are using the web service, please visit IP2Location Web Service for details.
Call the function ip2location_get_vars() in any pages, plugins, or themes to retrieve IP2Location variables. The variables are returned in object.
Please visit us at http://www.ip2location.com
We always recommend the automatic installation via the plugin menu. In case you having the difficulties to do so, below are the manual install steps:
ip2locationfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- You can now start using IP2Location Variables to customize your contents.
Please take note that this plugin requires minimum PHP version 5.4.
Easy to use, thank you.
I’ve been using this plugin for the past few months, allowing dynamic templates and content depending on the country code of the users.
No issues so far!
Doesn’t work, returns NULL
Contributors & Developers
“IP2Location Variables” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 1.0 Initial release
- 1.1 Support automated bin download and server variables for IP2Location.
- 2.0.0 Added suport to IP2Location Web Service. Rewrote the codes behind.
- 2.0.1 Tested with WordPress 4.4.
- 2.0.2 Fixed empty variable on first load.
- 2.0.3 Fixed uninstall hook.
- 2.0.4 Fixed uninstall hook warning message.
- 2.0.5 Fixed error when creating admin option.
- 2.0.6 Use latest IP2Location library and updated the setting page.
- 2.0.7 Fixed close sticky information panel issue.
- 2.0.8 Use latest IP2Location library for lookup.
- 2.1.0 Use IP2Location PHP 8.0.2 library for lookup.
- 2.1.1 Fixed conflicts when multiple IP2Location plugins installed.