By default, thumbnails of photos taken by an iOS device (iPhone or iPad) are flipped 90 degrees to the left, it’s a long image EXIF information story. This plugin takes care of this and fixes the uploaded images orientation’s (if needed, based on EXIF data) using ImageMagic Library if available or PHP GD as a fallback.
No settings editing required, just activate the plugin and try uploading an image from your idevice!
- Installation Instructions
- Go to your admin area and select Plugins -> Add new from the menu.
- Search for “iOS Images Fixer”.
- Click install.
- Click activate.
- Is there any special requirement?
- PHP GD library or ImageMagic.
- exif extension installed.
- Are there any code-level modifications required?
No, just install the plugin and continue blogging happily.
A dozen or so of my images in the Meta Slider are still rotating 90 degrees on mobile device
This plugin is a tremendous timesaver. Thanks so much.
I also had the problem with what I thought were random pictures uploading sideways. I realized it was profile pictures taken on iOS, and resaving in photoshop fixed it and it was this same issue. I also appreciate the clear error message the plugin gave due to exif being unavailable. That took some work to get fixed because the hosting company said it was enabled in php.ini, but it wasn’t actually compiled in apache. The plugin’s clear error message helped me figure out what was wrong on the server, and when I got it fixed things worked beautifully. Didn’t even have to worry about plugin settings. Thank you!
Thank you! This plugin is a life-saver. Fixed my issues with image rotation instantly.
it works like a charm! <3
It fixed my issue with images being rotated when uploaded on my Mac which would then affect how it was displayed with Chrome and Firefox. Thank you!
Contributors & Developers
“iOS images fixer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Coder revision
- Added Pointer with donate rate links.
- Bug fixes
- Added a check to make sure the image has EXIF data before proceeding.
- Added manual fix page to let you fix images that were uploaded before installing the plugin!
- Added conditional check and admin notice in case of disabled required functions.
- Initial plugin release.