iOS icons for WordPress allows an image to be uploaded and properly set as an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad icon. The icon and the icon text gets automatically defined when “Add to Home Screen” is used on the device when bookmarking the website. The demonstrated gloss effect can be applied or removed. An essential tool for mobile accessible websites or WebApps!
- Upload IOS-icons-for-wordpress folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory OR through wp-admin,
upload IOS-icons-for-wordpress.zip in plugin ‘Add New’ page.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Settings can be found under ‘Setting’ menu at the left side of wp-admin.
- How does it works?
The plugin is mainly developed for the website’s user experience on Apple Mobile Devices. When adding the website to their “Home Screen” on an iPhone, iPod or iPad, the icon and icon title show up just as it was customized in the wordpress admin.
- Does it has customizable effects?
This version offers and demonstrated the user experience for icons with and without the Apple icon gloss.
- I want to use larger images, is it possible?
Yes. The plugin will resize or crop all images to the proper size. It also will not disturb the aspect ratio. Images sizes of 114×114 and above are highly recommended.
Contributors & Developers
“iOs Icon for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix bug on resize class
- Fix bug on file extension
- Fix plugin directory structure
- Fix on resize bug
- First major release