1) Domain-based network WordPress multisite:
Default WordPress multisite only allow user use English letters and numbers as sub-domainname.
With this plugin, your users can use their own local language as sub-domainname. e.g.
Main site domainname: blogs.com
User blog use sub-domainname:
If your main site domainname use IDNs, then the users sub-domainname will be:
2) Path-based network WordPress multisite
your users can use their own local language as path-name. e.g.
3)Restrict the sub-domainname and path name length
Default WordPress multisite only allow user choose more than 4 characters as sub-domainname or path name.
With this plugin, you can change it in network admin side, both max length and min length.
- Your WordPress multisite is installed and runing. more help: https://mu.wordpress.org/ and http://xn--fjqz24b.xn--fiqs8s/
- Upload, and activate the IntlWp plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress network admin side(Super admin of WordPress multisite).
- setup IntlWp config through the ‘IntlWp’ menu in WordPress network admin side.
- If using Path-based network WordPress multisite, you need change your .htaccess manually.
replace [_0-9a-zA-Z-] with [^/]
a example file is placed in tool/path-based-htaccess.txt
po file locate in language folder, you can edit it and build mo file
Contributors & Developers
“Internationalize WordPress (IntlWP)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- filter punct and space
- fix Idna class bug
- support path-based network
- fix load plugin language bug
- Add readme.txt