A flexible shortcode and lookup tool for creating internal links in post/page content (or anywhere shortcodes are parsed).
A lookup tool is added to the sidebar of the post edit screen for locating shortcodes for internal posts.
A plugin by Crowd Favorite. We build Big Things with WordPress.
- Upload the internal-link-shortcode.php file to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for Internal Link Shortcode.
- If I reorganize the structure or change my permalink settings will the links still work?
Yes, the links generated by shortcodes will auto update themselves so you’ll have no broken links.
- Does this plugin support custom post types?
Yes, posts with a custom type will be listed in the results when searching for a shortcode. The plugin will also add a shortcode search box to any ‘Add New’ or ‘Edit’ public custom post type page
- Can I use custom link text in the shortcode?
Yes, using the shortcode [link id=’123′ text=’my link text’] will produce a link of the following my link text.
You can also add class and rel attributes to the shortcode. [link id=’123′ text=’my link text’ class=’my-class’ rel=’external’] will produce the following link
my link text
Both of these examples can be viewed in Internal Link Shortcode Lookup box by clicking on the ‘?’.
- Anything else?
That about does it – enjoy!
Contributors & Developers
“CF Internal Link Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Rename the ‘name’ value of the search field so that it doesn’t conflict with an existing WP Admin field.
- Initial release