Weather information is pulled from the OpenWeatherMap API. This plugin adds a widget that can be dropped into any sidebar, can be customised to suit your theme and won't hit any usage limits.
The widget can be configured as follows:
- Country - choose the country to get weather data from. (Some countries do not have an average result for weather conditions)
- City - Enter the name of your area to recieve the weather results. If you want to use City ID, go to OpenWeatherMaps City List.
- Display Mode - you can choose to show either a compact view of the current weather or show the forecast for the current day and next three days.
- Colour Style - Choose between two styles of colouring:
- Style 1 - Primary colour: Background colour of current weather and font colour of forecast, Secondary colour: Font colour of current weather and background colour of forecast.
- Style 2 - Primary colour: Font colour for both sections, Secondary colour: background colour of both sections.
- Primary colour during day - use the colour picker to choose what primary colour you want during the day time.
- Primary colour during night - use the colour picker to choose what priamry colour you want during the night time.
- Secondary colour during day - use the colour picker to choose what secondary colour you want during the day time.
- Secondary colour during night - use the colour picker to choose what secondary colour you want during the night time.
- Show Temperature in Celsius - sets the temperature display to degrees celsius rather than farenheit.
- Show weather breakdown - choose whether to display the wind, humidity and written weather condition, as well as the temperature and weather icon.
- Show Wind Speed in mph - sets the wind speed display to mph rather than km/h.
- Cache Time - this is the interval in minutes before the plugin refreshes the forecast data.
- Output CSS - toggle whether the widget should output it's own CSS.
- Show Credit Link - this plugin is offered completely free of charge. If you're feeling kind please leave this in to send some delicious web traffic our way :)
You can override what gets displayed for the location by filling in the widget's title text.
For info on how to use the shortcode, check the FAQs.