Includes an free world map with hoverable continents and support for location markers. Fully customizable by editing a text file.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click on Interactive Maps in your WordPress Settings
- Download the the World Continent map.
- Unzip the map and open the folder.
- Customize the map on your computer by editing the mapdata.js file and refreshing the test.html file.
- Upload the mapdata.js and continentmap.js files using the upload buttons.
- Paste [simplemaps] into the post/page where you want the map to be located.
- Publish/Preview your post and your map should be visible.
I really like the Plugin and it does what it should.
Had a little problem with the responsive Design (see support) and got an answer with a solution within several minutes.
Awesome plugin and supporting documentation. Great user support. Simplemaps.com has a whole host of additional resources applicable to this plugin.
Using HTML, CSS, and JS/jQuery allows wider customization over software-generated map programs that utilize other methods of visualization, interaction, and data interpretation. For instance, embedding images within hover elements/tooltips is a breeze with this plugin.
Great work, simplemaps!