Instant Weekly Roundup is a free WordPress Plugin which will help you create the weekly or monthly or any span roundups of your blog posts in a few mouse clicks and within some seconds. It would help you to write, order, design and post such kind of roundup post in no time, it is simple and most easy.
- Roundup or the summary post can be created for any time span, may be week or a month or any time span
- Beautiful roundup post created by default, also you can change the CSS as per your theme styles
- Handy TinyMCE editor to input the introduction of the post (header) and the closing summary (footer) of the roundup post. You can include images, links or any kind of media into the header and footer.
- Option to select only required categories for the roundup
- Option to change the category head description that should appear in the roundup post
- Option to select only required posts from a particular category
- Can reorder the posts and the category headers in any order
- It is intelligent as it indicates the duplicate posts, like a single post under two different categories. So you can remove that post from either or the category list while generating the roundup post
- Search engine optimized, as it creates the category headers under h2 tags, still has the option to select the tag for that header on the settings panel
- Extremely light in weight, as no jQuery load, nor any script on the blog post page. Everything is only for the settings page in the admin panel.
The tool needs to be operated from the ‘Instant Weekly Roundup’ settings page on the wp-admin panel. In the ‘Date Range For the Roundup Post’ enter the from date and to date which would indicate the time span for which you need to generate the roundup post. The format of the from date and to date is mm/dd/yyyy. You can either click the calendar icon beside each of the date input box to select the required date.
You would get all the categories on your blog which have at least one post in them in the ‘Categories For Roundup Post’ section. Uncheck those which you do not wish to include.
You need to write the header and footer for the roundup post in one single box ‘Write the header and the footer of the roundup post here’. Remember to separate the header and footer by [iwru] tag.
Press the ‘Submit’ button. It will output all the posts created in the input time span and from the selected categories.
You can change the header of the Category names, also leave the category name blank if you wish not to show it.
Drag and drop the elements here to reorder them.
The duplicate items are shown by a warning image, have a look at it.
Uncheck the posts which you do not wish to include in the round up post.
Press the Generate button, downside you would get the html code for your round up post. Press the ‘Select all’ button and manually copy the content (Cntrl + C on windows). Create a new post on the Edit Post panel of your blog, enter its title and paste this above copied content in the HTML tab. Remember to use the ‘HTML’ tab of the editor and not the ‘Visual’ tab. Preview the post using the Preview button on the somewhere right top of your edit post panel. And if everything is ok, publish the post and you are done.
You can also regenerate the html any number of times, by again reordering the posts or whatever.
Go to the plugin page to see more details (http://www.clickonf5.org/instant-weekly-roundup)
Check the FAQs in the Cute Profiles forum on Internet Techies.
Forum link: http://www.clickonf5.org/phpbb/instant-weekly-roundup-f19/
As this is the first release, currently no item in the changelog. We will keep it up to date according to the future releases of Instant Weekly Roundup
Visit the plugin page (http://www.clickonf5.org/instant-weekly-roundup) to see the changelog and release notes.