Instant Articles for WordPress will let you configure DNS prefetching URLs and will automatically prerender the last 2 posts on the front page, plus next and previous posts when viewing a single post. You also have the option to pre-render sticky posts.
It is not recommended to use more than 4-5 URLs for DNS prefetching.
Enabling page prerendering will likely increase server and client (browsers) load.
Enabling subresources will let you specify URL’s to hint the web browser for high priority files, likes .JS or .CSS, for fetching these even before they appear in the HTML document.
Visit the Instant Articles homepage for more info: http://wpinstant.io/
Install plugin, go to the WP Admin > Instant Articles screen and enable the features you want.
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- What is HTML5 DNS prefetch?
DNS prefetching is an attempt to resolve domain names before a user tries to follow a link, improving perceived page load time and user experience.
Learn more about DNS prefetching here:
- What is page pre-rendering?
Page pre-render loads and pre-renders all the assets of the page in a hidden tab. When user clicks on the link to open the page the browser just shows the page. No networking waiting. No resource download.
Learn more about page prerendering here:
- What is HTML5 subrecource?
Learn more about HTML5 subresource here:
- What is Link Prefetch?
I have to be honest, i had my doubts about the promised boost in loading time, but i installed it, clicked few settings and freshed the home page of a side that was loading not that fast because a slider i added and the result was WOW!! it loading so much faster and it loads the posts and pages instantly! im really surprised and amazed at this plugin! hands down and the best part is FREE!! i don't need any costly cache plugin now!
My first review was 4 stars since some important (imho) options were missing, but now it's perfect. Enjoy it.
Just DON'T ABUSE THE PLUGIN. 😉
- Introduce Link prefetch support
- wpinstant_prerendered_urls filter now includes previously prerendered items instead of adding to that list.
- Add new filter for adding custom URLs to subresources list: wpinstant_subresources
- Add new filter to disable processing of default prerender rules: wpinstant_prerendered_urls_override_defaults
- Add new filter for adding custom URLs to prerender: wpinstant_prerendered_urls
- Fix typo in wpinstant_subresources filter.
- Supercharge your site by specifying which subresources to load. More info: https://www.chromium.org/spdy/link-headers-and-server-hint/link-rel-subresource
- Sticky post preloading
- General cleanup in preparation for the next major version!
- Fixed dashboard icon being too big: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/dashboard-logo-icon-issue
- Initial release