Plugin which sends emails to us from WordPress, for comments and new posts, except our own comments and posts. You can disable the option in your profile. At default, all user are receiving an email except the author.
Crafted by Inpsyde
The team at Inpsyde is engineering the web and WordPress since 2006.
You want to donate – we prefer a positive review, not more.
Bugs, technical hints or contribute
Please give us feedback, contribute and file technical bugs on GitHub Repo.
= Plugin settings =
By default, the plugin sends a mail to all registered users of a blog on new posts or comments, except a user disables the functionality for itself (opt-out). As of version 0.0.5 you can change this behaviour to opt-in with the filter
add_filter( 'iac_default_opt_in', '__return_true' );
Make sure, this code runs on the action
plugins_loaded with a priority lower than 10 or earlier.
With version 0.0.5 the plugin got settings (Settings→Reading). The one new option allows you to send all emails with the Bcc-header to hide users email-addresses to all other recipients. This option is disabled by default. You have access to the default settings via the filter
iac_default_options. An array is passed to this function with the key
send_by_bcc. Change the value to ‘1’ and return the array on your callback function.
User settings handling
To change the users settings (inform about posts, inform about comments) use the action
iac_save_user_settings like this:
do_action( 'iac_save_user_settings', $user_id, $inform_about_posts, # '1', '0' or NULL if the user didn't changed anything $inform_about_comments # '1', '0' or NULL if the user didn't changed anything );
Getting the current user settings is also easy:
$user_settings = apply_filters( 'iac_get_user_settings', array(), $user_id );= License =
Good news, this plugin is free for everyone! Since it’s released under the GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog.
The plugin comes with various translations, please refer to the WordPress Codex for more information about activating the translation. If you want to help to translate the plugin to your language, please have a look at the .po file which contains all definitions and may be used with a gettext editor like Poedit (Windows) or plugin for WordPress Localization.
- WordPress version 3.0 and later (see tested up to)
- PHP 5.3; maybe 5.2, but untested
- Unpack the download-package
- Upload the folder and all folder and files includes this to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Optional: Change global settings on ‘Settings’ –> ‘Reading’
- That’s all
Contributors & Developers
“Informer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Send mails in smaller groups and schedule sending of groups
- add new Filter Hooks
- Change Hook for send only on published posts
- Change Mail-header for use in all systems
- API for e-mail signature Hook
append_signature( $message, $signature = '' )
- BCC possibility
- Add new filters, like shortocodes
- Add settings to global default options on ‘Reading’
- Start to handle medias, attachments
- Change autoloader to also usable without spl
- Change hook to
transition_post_statusto change send mail – now send only on new posts, not update posts
- Update language files
- Option to send email by Bcc-header
- API to change the plugins default behaviour (opt-in/opt-out)
- Fix for update on user profile in WP 3.4*
- small fix for hook to use static method
- first release on wp.org
- Release first version