Includes a file’s contents in the widget. Quick and dirty, all this does is use the PHP include function to include the specified file in the widget. There is NO checking done whatsoever on the file, so use it at your own risk. I wrote this because I couldn’t find a widget to do this – plugins exist for using include in posts and pages, but not in widgets.
- Upload the contents of the zip file to your WordPress install’s plugin directory (usually
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to your bar through the Widgets page and configure it to your liking.
Contributors & Developers
“Include Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- improved widget config page formatting, added note to config page re pathing
- added URL vs path checking
- rewrote with wp2.8+ new widget interface code
- initial release