This plugin is an improvement to the current WordPress plugin installation methods. It allows you to install one or more plugins simply by typing their names or download URLs in a textarea.
This means you can install all your favorite wordpress plugins in one go!
Furthermore, a bookmarklet is included which lets you install plugins directly from an external plugin download page. (See screenshots tab)
The installation form will happily accept any of these inputs:
- WP DB Backup
Plugins don’t need to be hosted at WordPress.org. As long as you use the direct download URL, third party plugins will install without a hitch:
- Check out Improved Plugin Installation, including how to set up the bookmarklet for even easier plugin installation.
- Check out my other WordPress plugins.
Check out my blog for more wordpress plugins and tips.
- Download the plugin.
- Unzip the plugin and upload the directory to
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to “Plugins » Add new” to use.
Installing the bookmarklet
- Go to “Plugins » Add new” and look for a green notice. Under that notice you will find a link titled “Install plugin”.
- If you’re using Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome, simply drag the link to your bookmars toolbar. If you’re using Internet Explorer, right click and choose “Add to favorites » Create in: Links”.
- Now, whenever you’re on a third party website that hosts a plugin, simply click the bookmarklet to bring up the installation window.
- How do I install the bookmarklet?
See the installation tab.
Contributors & Developers
“Improved Plugin Installation” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors