Improved Include Page (IIP) uses the WordPress Shortcode API to include the content of any page inside any other page or post.
Using a shortcode in a post/page:
[include-page id=”123″] OR [include-page id=”/about/resume”]
Using PHP in a template
For more details and examples, see the Installation tab.
Improved Include Page is an enhanced version of the original Include Page developed by Brent Loertscher.
- Page title can be displayed with optional HTML code
- Content can be displayed with different styles (full, teaser, custom ‘more’ link)
- WordPress filters are applied to both the content and the title
- Supports the WordPress Shortcode API
- Can I include pages using custom fields?
Yes, but there’s an extra bit of code you need. To include a page, you now need to use this syntax:
echo do_shortcode( get_post_meta( get_the_id(), ‘custom_field_key’, true ) );
- Confirming plugin works with WP 4.4 using both shortcode and template code.
- Bumping WordPress requirement to 4.0.
- Updates to description, documentation and tags.
- PHP code formatting tweaks.
- Support and development transferred from Vito Tardia to Marios Alexandrou.
- Added the ‘#more-‘ in the “read more” link href, to avoid going to the top of the post when clicking (by Matthieu Sarter),
- Added support for the WordPress ” tag, so that the more link text can be defined at the post level (it can still be overriden at the ‘iinclude_page()/[include]’ level) (by Matthieu Sarter).
- Fixed static method definitions
- Fixed: returns false if a page is not found, without triggering a notice
- Fixed bug which broke the ID style inclusion on WP 3.0 (thanks to Mike Woods, Brad Lauster and wptk)
Fixed a bug on the ‘more’ link which caused too many slashes when using images as ‘more tags’ (thanks to Nikhil Dabas)
Note: if you use HTML code in the ‘more’ link use single quotes for the ‘more’ parameter, like this:
‘[include-page id=”mypage” more=”]’
or you will have a PHP Warning
Fixed a bug in the displayTitle attribute: using “false” you will get a real boolean false and title is hidden
Added a new WP action ‘include-page’ to use inside your PHP code
Edited class attribute for the ‘more’ link. Now it is ‘more-link’ and ‘iip-more-link’
- On WP 2.5 or greater allows custom inclusion by post type and status using parameters ‘allowType’ and ‘allowStatus’.
- Bug fix: in shortcode fixed a bug that could crash PHP when including recursive page/posts
- Bug fixed: since this version you can include only static pages with status of ‘published’.
- Page ID can be a valid page path (WP 2.1 or higher required) with contribution by Guy Leech.
* Added parameter $return (default = false) to iinclude_page() function
* Added support for WP 2.5.x shortcode API
- The code of this version it’s been cleaned and optimized using WordPress API.
- This version fixes a bug that triggers an error when used with some content filter: the ‘$page’ global variable is backed up and then restored before returning.