Image Paste allows you to copy and paste images from your desktop to the WordPress editor. No need to upload your image file to your server first, just open or select an image, press Ctrl-C (or Cmd-C if on Mac), go to your WordPress editor and press Ctrl-V (or Cmd-V for Mac) and the plugin does it all for you.
Compatible browsers: Firefox (18 or higher), Google Chrome (24 or higher)
- Upload the
imagepastefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- How does it work?
- Simply open any image on your desktop, whether it’s with an image editor, Word, etc.
- Copy the image using Ctrl-C (if on Windows) or Cmd-C (if on Mac OSX).
- Go to WordPress and open the page/post editor.
- Click on Ctrl-V (if on Windows) or Cmd-V (if on Mac OSX) and the image will be pasted.
A copy of the image is automatically uploaded to your uploads folder and you can edit the image in WordPress like you would edit any other image.
- Is it compatible with any browser?
Only Firefox (version 18 or higher) and Google Chrome (version 24 or higher) are supported.
Depending on the take up of the plugin, we will be adding support for Ms Internet Explorer.
Safari is currently not compatible at all because of the way it handles embedded images, we’re waiting for a fix from Apple regarding this.
Contributors & Developers
“Imagepaste” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added support for Rackspace Cloudfiles activated via W3 Total Cache (works only in Firefox)
- Verified compatibility with WordPress 3.6
- Minor fixes
- First release