igumbi is a simple and fast online booking tool / online booking engine (also an online hotelsoftware / PMS and a revenue- / yield-management system). Used by hotels, bed and breakfasts, apartments, holiday rentals: apartments or holiday houses.
The plugin makes the booking tool available to your WordPress site, without the need to manually manage free rooms and prices. You will use the igumbi backend to handle your daily business and reservations, send emails via email-templates like offers and confirmations, create invoices, assign rooms, check in and register your guests, track deposits.
The igumbi booking tool gives your site visitors dynamic room/apartment prices based on revenue management methods, which also implement an upselling strategy. This helps you, as the property owner, to earn more and pay less OTA comissions for your online bookings.
The plugin is free to use, but you do need an account with igumbi.com.
Create your igumbi account
Before you set the tool live, ensure that you have entered all reservations into the igumbi backend (at least for the critical dates) so that the correct daily availability can be calculated.
Display the booking tool where you need it
With the new plugin architecture, you can now leverage the flexibility of the shortcodes to display the elements of the igumbi booking tool in your pages or on your widgetized areas (sidebar, footer, header).
Tune the colors of the booking tool by adjusting the CSS
You can overwrite the CSS generated by the igumbi booking tool to match the look and feel of your sites theme in the igumbi backend or via the WordPress igumbi Settings Page.
Check out the official site for details and screenshots.
- Download the plugin, add it to your blog in the plugin folder and activate it.
- Go to the WordPress settings page (igumbi online bookings) and fill out the details. Get the ‘Hotel code’ from the hotel settings page in igumbi.
- Add to any page, post, or as a sidebar widget. Integrate with shortcodes [igumbi_dialog] and [igumbi_avform] into your site template. [igumbi_dialog] needs to be placed into your template/page where you want the response of the booking system. You can get all fancy with [igumbi_avform wide=true lang=es] to handle different layouts and languages from within your template.
- Tweak and overwrite the CSS to match the look of your template via the igumbi backend or the custom CSS field in the settings page in the WordPress backend.
- Will this integrate a reservation backend into my WordPress blog?
No, this plugin will help you place the igumbi online booking tool into your WordPress site. To manage your rates, availability and reservations you will use the igumbi backend.
- How can I style of the booking tool to be in line with my theme?
You can overwrite the CSS of the booking tool via the igumbi backend (recommended) or via the WordPress settings page (easier for a designer that maintains to WordPress Installation for a property)
- Which languages do you support?
The online booking tool is available in German, English, Greek, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Czech and Polish.
Bear in Mind that you will need to translate the product names and descriptions and the productcategory descriptions into all the languages you want to support via the igumbi backend [Hotel data > Translations]. If you require other languages, we can integrate them if you are willing to help with the translation: there are around 100 words/phrases in the booking tool. We support UTF8, so Asian languages should not be a problem.
Contributors & Developers
“igumbi Online Booking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Links back to the design edit screen in igumbi
- Update screenshots
- Fixed typos
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.4.2
- The test mode can be enabled to allow editing the custom CSS via the igumbi backend
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.2.4
- Links back to https://www.igumbi.com use https
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.2.3 and adjusted install instructions
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 3.9
- Added Czech and Polish Language: language code cz,pl
- Added Dutch Language, language code nl
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 3.8
- The default language of the booking tool can be selected on the settings page.
- The settings page got a field where the CSS can be overwritten from within WordPress. No need for the designer to go to the igumbi backend.
- The shortcode [igumbi_avform] can take parameters like language, orientation and CSS test modus [igumbi_avform lang=es wide=true test=true]
- First release of this Plugin: Helps to integrate the igumbi online booking tool into your WordPress site, specify the hotel code, the wide/tall option and language. Shortcodes: [igumbi_avform] and [igumbi_dialog]