This widget requires WordPress 3.5 or newer.
Primary features of HW Image Widget:
- Allow you to choose responsive or fixed behavior.
- Fixed sized images allow you to define width/height with, or without kept aspect ratio.
- Responsive sized images will allow you to define “fill width” or not.
- Uses TinyMCE for rich text editing of the image text field.
- Allow you to create a custom widget HTML-template in the active theme to override the default layout.
- Default settings can be overridden using filter.
- Works with Carrington Build.
- Works with the theme customizer.
- Available in English and Swedish.
For more info, visit http://webartisan.se/hw-image-widget/
Use standard installation process for a plug-in:
- Install HW Image Widget either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Can I change the way the widget is displayed?
- Can I put the title below the image instead?
- Can I change the default settings of the widget?
For more info on how to achieve all of this and more, please visit http://webartisan.se/hw-image-widget/
Easy to use and many options.
Easy to use and works well.
I really appreciate the fixed size option and also the TinyMCE text editor which was the deciding factor on me using this plugin.
The option to override the plugin’s image HTML template ( hwim-template.php ) as explained on your website is also a really nice touch.
It would have saved me typing if the widget had imported the caption and alt fields for images from the WordPress Media library to the text and alt fields in the Widget.
It’s not working properly.
I couldn’t be able to add image.
No problems at all here. Has always worked well on a busy recruiting site, so there.
Works great out of the box and the directions to customize your own template helped a lot. Thanks for a great plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“HW Image Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Added option to fill width on responsive images.
- Added filter (hwim_load_backend) to allow backend to load on custom pages.
- Fixed several issues concerning the theme customizer.
- Added the rel-field including filter to alter its contents.
- Made the widget fully support the theme customizer.
- Added backend link.
- Fixed notice on front-end when no image has been selected.
- Added support for WordPress 4.0.
- Replaced custom image selection view with WordPress default “image insert” view to add compatability with WordPress 4.0 while still retaining pre-WordPress 4.0 compatability. This introduces a “Gallery” insertion option in the view, but its ignored by the HW Image Widget if used.
- Fixed issues with the HTML view of the TinyMCE editor.
- Made sure TinyMCE editor opens up with a decent height.
- Made sure TinyMCE editor opens up in visual mode.
- Removed all cookie handling (cookies are no longer edited to set proper TinyMCE height for some buggy WP-versions).
- Fixed issue that could cause height/width attributes for fixed sized images in admin change when multiple image widgets are used and a new image is selected.
- Adding support for using HW Image Widget in the Carrington Build plugin (widgetized pages).
- Refactoring plugin initialization.
- Minor admin UI CSS tweaks.
- Removing alt attribute from A-tag to conform with HTML standards.
- Adding title-attribute to the image tag.
- Renamed template file so its more logical for template creators to locate and use. It will not break compatability with previous versions.
- Launched http://webartisan.se/hw-image-widget/ with more helpful info on widget usage.
- Fixed issue that could cause the TinyMCE editor to fail while in WP_DEBUG on some setups.
- Fixed issue with text editor now opening when regular post editor was left in HTML-view.
- Minor stylefix for WordPress 3.6 RC1 (back-end field border color).
- Removed debug snippet.
- Fixed bug with the target option.
- Gracefully fail on old WordPress versions.
- Implemented updated Media Library introduced in WordPress 3.5.
- Updated text editor user interface to be more consistent with WordPress.
- Dropped support for WordPress older then 3.5 to keep it light and wonderful.
- Dropped usage of Twitter Bootstrap.
- Fixed TinyMCE editor height when its first opened in the browser.
- Fixed image selection issue when using multiple widgets.
- Play more nicely with other widgets using image selection tool.
- Fixed JS-issue with FireFox.
- Fixed “From URL” image selection bug.
- Clearing image height/width attributes when removing image.
- Fixing width/height not being set in WP 3.5+
- Some refactoring to support PHP5 < 5.3
- Dropped loading “optimizations” to improve overall compatability with custom widget area handling plugins.
- Fixed front-end display issue.
- Fixed media upload tab not working.
- First version. Why go beta?