Hot Sheet is a widget for WordPress that allows you to feature specific posts in your sidebar or other widget areas up to an easily configured date. After that date, they simply fall off. If all posts are allowed to expire, the widget hides itself until more posts are added.
It adds a Hot Sheet box to the add/edit post page. If you want a post to appear on the Hot Sheet, enter the date it should display until (e.g. 12/25/2010). Hot Sheet will find all the posts with unexpired dates and display them in date-increasing order.
You can also customize the widget title to better integrate into your website.
- Upload the plugin
- Activate the plugin
- Goto Appearance, Widgets and drag and drop the Hot Sheet Widget onto a sidebar
- Optionally set the widget title to a title of your choosing.
- Goto Posts, Add/Edit and set a date (MM/DD/YYYY) in the Hot Sheet settings for each post you want to feature
Is there a limit to the number of posts that can be placed on the Hot Sheet?
There is no limit.
Can I remove a post from the Hot Sheet before it expires?
To remove a post from the Hot Sheet before it expires, simply clear the Hot Sheet date for that post and update the post.
Contributors & Developers
“Hot Sheet by Designgeneeers!” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Made hot sheet a category aware multi-widget – you can now have multiple hot sheets – each displaying from a different category
- Fixed handling of quotes in widget title
- Initial Release