This is the place you connect with and find out the latest about the organizations you care about most. This plugin is part of the comprehensive bulletin board platform that connects the website, lobby and other physical screens of your organization.
HOW TO USE THIS PLUGIN
This plugin allows you to quickly add a HootBoard to your website in under a minute.
PRO TIP: We highly recommend using the embed from HootBoard. This way you can embed in middle of any page OR embed by collection. For example, on your events page, you can decide to only show hoots from the event collection.
To use embed click on More > Embed within your HootBoard menu.
WHAT IS HOOTBOARD?
HootBoard is a bulletin board platform for organizations. Primarily used in residential or commercial property communities and university departments; HootBoard can be used for any organization including schools, non-profits, workplaces and many more to internally share announcements, events, classifieds, jobs and more. Members can start discussions and get recommendations from fellow members.
WHAT CAN I POST?
Post announcements, articles, videos, events, deals, jobs, documents and more.
HOW CAN I POST?
Your and members of your community can add posts directly to your website from the embedded page, from our mobile apps, browser extensions or at hootboard.com.
If you are in charge of driving engagement for your organization, gone are the days where you maintain the content on the website separately, have a detailed newsletter, maintain a separate groups application and update screens in your lobbies. HootBoard is one platform that connects them all. Create your community HootBoard, invite your members and let them post hoots. Using simple connectors and organization of content, Administrators can route all of this content seamlessly to their website or screens in lobbies. Members can also get newsletter via email with the most popular activity from a board or they can always access their HootBoard community at Hootboard.com and via our various apps.
COOL. HOW DO I GET ONE?
If you don’t have a board, create a free HootBoard for your organization at https://www.hootboard.com. It only takes minutes to get started.
ARE MORE FEATURES COMING?
Yes. We will be adding more features to the plugin over time to allow you better integrate your board with your website. Stay tuned!
Want to learn about HootBoard in 30 seconds? Watch this:
Take a tour and check out demos on our About Page
- Bloggers & Online Communities
- Faith Organizations
- Interest Groups
- Professional & Knowledge Communities
- Residential Real Estate & Neighborhoods
- [Commercial Real Estate] (http://about.hootboard.com/real-estate-commercial/)
This plugin automatically creates a Page with a HootBoard in it. Here’s a step by step video and instructions on how to setup the WP plugin.
- Install and activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WP.
- Find the HootBoard plugin setting page in the WP menu on the left side of your browser window.
- If you already have a HootBoard, copy the link to the HootBoard in the text box that says “Enter the link to your community HootBoard” and hit Apply.
- If your community does not have a HootBoard, Click “Create One” and complete the steps at www.HootBoard.com.
- Copy and paste your board’s link in the text box & hit Apply.
- Customize your board to match the look and feel of your site. You can change the color and transparency. See the screenshots tab to see an example of this.
- Click Finish. The plugin will automatically add a Page to your WordPress Site called HootBoard.
- Now you can add HootBoard to your menu by going to Appearance > Menus.
- That’s it. You can post directly to HootBoard from your website and share your board for your community to follow or join your board.
- What are the best practices for making HootBoard look awesome on my site?
- Make HootBoard full width on your page.
- Make the background transparent to match your site.
- Add a background image to your wordpress section.
- Update the colors on your board to match the branding of your site.
- What are the top 5 reasons to use HootBoard?
- Bring your community and a knowledge base directly on your website.
- Allows an easy way for your members to post to your site w/o having to access WP and they can post on the go from our mobile apps.
- Anyone who follows your board will receive updates of new posts on your board.
- Take HootBoard beyond your website and any content can be viewed on TV screens or displayed on interactive screens in your building!
- It’s free!
- What types of posts can I put on HootBoard?
Hoots can be anything you want them to be – an event, job posting, for sale, question, link from the web, flyer, documents and more. Here’s a [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiTnKx-BhKs “Learn how to post a hoot”) on how to post hoots
- Is HootBoard free?
HootBoard’s Forever Free plan allows you to view a certain number of the most recent posts on your board. We do have premium plans that gives you unlimited posts, the ability to use HootBoard on screens and more!
- Do I need to create an account?
Yes you do need to create an account in order to create a board. Once you create a board you can copy and paste the link into the WP plugin. Here’s the [link](https://www.hootboard.com/#/createBoard “Create a HootBoard”)
- Do you have any questions or ran into an issue?
Here are some support channels for you to use:
- FAQ : Take a look at some popular questions in our knowledge base
- Support Forum : Ask questions, view videos and share tips in our Support HootBoard
- Webinar : Take a deep dive into HootBoard’s features & ask questiosn in a short 30 minute webinar run offered multiple times weekly
- Submit Ticket – Still have questions? Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back in no time
It doesn’t work on my blog. Also creating sections seems hard.
Super idea and good plugin. Thank you!
Love the idea and it’d be great if it worked. After setup site takes 10-20 seconds at least to load any page. Deactivate and it’s instant page load again. Won’t be using this plugin. 🙁
This plugin is a work of genius! I’m saying this before installing it and I truly hope it will work smoothly. Do you guys realize that with this idea you kill all possible forums and other crap that is out on the plugin market? I can’t believe it’s got so few installations, I found it by pure chance, this plugin deserves more.
Now, enough praising and let’s go install it! Fingers crossed….
Very easy to use. Great Idea.
Contributors & Developers
“HootBoard” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Minor bug fixes. Updated the readme.
- Fixed issue for handling board URLs without #.
- Minor bug fixes.
- HootBoard has been updated with a brand new look.
- Partnerships feature added to all you to connect and share events, information and more with other organizations in the area.
- Collections feature added so you can organize all posts on your board so it can be found months later.
- Sub-boards feature added so you can create boards for departments and sub groups within your organization.
- This release also includes a number of fixes and improvements.
- Fixed some bugs
- First Release