Hipmob is the fastest live chat service for your WordPress site. Talk to your visitors in real time using hosted live chat!
You can install, customize and activate the Hipmob for WordPress plugin with just a few clicks; no servers or software to install.
Here’s the installation guide (complete with pictures): http://www.hipmob.com/documentation/integrations/wordpress.html
Hipmob is great if you are:
- an online store looking to increase sales or get more feedback
- a blogger who wants to talk to your audience
- providing a service and want to provide great customer support
- looking to turn visitors into customers
- looking to up-sell customers to bigger orders
- reducing abandoned carts
Hipmob’s live chat service comes with a ton of features, including:
- Works with all browsers Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari
- Works on mobile browsers as well
- SDKs for your iPhone app, Android app or iPad app
- Web based chat client: no install necessary, get started chatting with your users immediately
- Integrates with Google Chat: get instant messages everytime a user wants to chat!
- Integrates with Mailchimp if you want to send newsletters
- Integrates with Helpdesk systems like Zendesk and Desk.com
- Plugs into CRM tools like Highrise by 37Signals, Zoho CRM, and Salesforce
- Sends notifications to your collaboration tools like Hipchat and Campfire
- Set greetings, canned messages, away messages and help messages
- Has a REST API for developers, in PHP, Python and Node.JS
- Chat from your favorite XMPP Instant Messenger, including Adium, Pidgin, Instantbird, iChat, iMessage, and IMO
- Chat from your mobile phone! Using the IMO instant messaging client.
- Email to reply to customers who are away
- Analytics right in your Google Analytics or Mixpanel Account
- Easy to customize the UI: choose themes from the plugin settings.
- Manage multiple sites
- See visitors on your site in real time
- Send proactive chat messages
- Send images and audio files
- Direct users to specific URLs.
- Reliable and Secure
- See a full list of features at www.hipmob.com!
- Do I have to add any scripts to my server?
No, Hipmob live chat is a hosted service: you only need to sign up for a free account at https://manage.hipmob.com and install the plugin. There is no additional installation required.
- Is Hipmob live chat free?
There is a free plan available: learn more at https://www.hipmob.com/pricing.html. For high volume users there are also paid plans.
- Does Hipmob hosted live chat integrate with anything else?
Yes! Hipmob live chat integrates with a growing number of tools you may already use (or want to use) such as Salesforce, Zendesk and Desk.com. Visit https://www.hipmob.com/documentation/ for a complete list.
Fixed a bug that was preventing the “Get your Hipmob app ID” from showing up reliably: needed to reduce a delay.
Option to change the tab offset pixel size from the default of 100. This moves it closer or farther away from the left or right as required.
Additional localization support: configure the default user text and the placeholder for the text area. This allows full language customization of the default experience. Pre-chat form localization coming soon.
Minor JS bug fix.
Streamlined the signup process: added support for registering directly from the Settings page.
Added theme selection options.
Updated the readme and added additional help to the settings page.
Made the chat window default to open.
Updated the help documentation that shows in the plugin.
- Added an option to have the live chat widget inserted into the head of the page, rather than at the end. This fixes issues with some WordPress installations where an error in the theme prevents the wp_footer method from firing.
- Added an extra warning about cache plugins.
- Updated the documentation.
- Added extra information to the help shown in the settings page.
- Initial release.