By default, WordPress shows error messages when someone enters incorrect usernames or passwords on the login page. These error messages can be used as a hint to guess a username, user email address, or password.
This lightweight plugin is here to replace these login errors with something like it should have been from the start of WordPress: “Invalid login credentials”.
While this plugin can replace login hints, it cannot save you from more sophisticated hacking attempts or bruteforce attacks.
- Upload the ‘hint’ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- All done! The login messages have been replaced.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Hint” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed an security vulnerability regarding
- Added support for WordPress 4.7
- Merged the hint remover function
- Support for WordPress 4.6
- Initial release