Removes the WordPress version string from:
$wp_versionglobal variable (frontend only)
- Generator tag output (removed entirely)
- ‘Right Now’ admin dashboard widget (non-admins)
- Admin dashboard footer (non-admins)
- Scripts and stylesheets enqueued without a version declared
- HTTP queries
- XML-RPC responses
- Bloginfo() calls
Also removes the update notice in the admin for non-admins.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Will this make my install secure?
No. You still need to keep up-to-date with the latest WordPress version. This plugin will stop those less knowledgeable from finding out your version, but it is still possible to find this out.
thank you, this plugin avoid from defaced web
Contributors & Developers
“Hide WordPress Version” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added removal of upgrade notice in admin for non-admins
- First public release