Displays some “techno babble” at the top of your administration screen. This is not just a plugin, it symbolizes the hope and enthusiasm of an entire generation summed up in two words – Star Trek.
This plugin, riffing off Matt Mullenweg’s own Hello Dolly, will add a random line to the top of your administration page. But, instead of a line from a song from a barely remembered musical, this will be an item of randomly generated Star Trek-style techno babble, with possibly millions of different combinations possible.
Yes, you too can create some really impressive, scientifically baseless (yet still entertaining) techno-babble. It’s useless! It’s fun! It’s free! It’s not official endorsed by Paramount!
- Designed for both single and multi-site installations
- PHP7 compatible
- Fully internationalized, ready for translations If you would like to add a translation to his plugin then please head to our Translating WordPress page
- WCAG 2.0 Compliant at AA level
This WordPress plugin is licensed under the GPLv2 (or later).
- Installation Instructions
Hello Babble can be found and installed via the Plugin menu within WordPress administration (Plugins -> Add New). Alternatively, it can be downloaded from WordPress.org and installed manually…
- Upload the entire
hello-babblefolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress administration.
Voila! It’s ready to go.
- Upload the entire
- I’d like to add a new word to the list!
Please! Get let me know via the forum here on WordPress.org!
Contributors & Developers
“Hello Babble” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Maintenance: Minimum WordPress requirement for this plugin is now 4.6 – code changes made to reflect this
- Maintenance: README & assets updated for better display in new plugin directory
- Maintenance: Corrected site links
- Enhancement: After WordPress 4.6 the translations for the text domain don’t need to be unloaded – so now I don’t!
- Maintenance: Added a text domain and path
- Enhancement: Re-written part of the generator to prevent possible time-outs
- Enhancement: Added internationalisation
- Maintenance: Updated the support forum link
- Initial release