The plugin is easily installed and configured to user requirements, through the modification of the example xml file included in the package, and in the Header Slideshow page under Settings in the Admin area of WordPress.
The XML file contains relative file paths for the images that the slideshow will display and also defines their order.
Request for input towards development of v.2
Thank-you for taking the time to evaluate the Header Slideshow plugin.
Your views are important to me, and I invite you to contact me with your feedback.
Especially I am keen to hear about your experience:
- Installing the plugin
- Configuring the plugin
- Expectations about features
- New features you’d like
- Other plugins
Thanks again for your time.
To install the plugin:
- Upload the entire contents of the plugin package to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Modify the settings in the Header Slideshow settings page, under Settings in WordPress
- Modify the .xml file with the URLs to your own images, noting that the .xml file specifies the order of display
- Upload your images to the URLs specified in the .xml
- Upload the new .xml file and, if necessary, modify the location in the Header Slideshow settings page, under Settings
- How do I change which images are displayed?
Modify the xml file with the URL to the images to display. Upload the new file and modify the location of the .xml file in the Header Slideshow settings, if the location or name of the .xml file has changed.
- How can I change the order the images display?
Modify the xml file with the desired orded, then follow the steps above.
Contributors & Developers
“Header Slideshow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Corrects display for Internet Explorer versions 7+
- More memory efficient
- First publicly released version.