Want to reduce the possibility of your website been hacked or hijacked?
With this plugin you can change wp-admin and wp-login.php to any of your choice, making it impossible for the hackers to access your administration login page.
http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php you can have
Its simple to use.
New field will be added to Settings -> Permalinks section called WP-Admin slug. All you have to do is to write your desired WP Admin slug and save the settings.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Permalink Options page inside the administration area
- Set the field WP-Admin slug to the desired one
- Does this work with Multisite
We don’t know, but we’ll look into it soon!
- What about the default Admin URLs?
Old WP Admin urls
http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.phpwill not be usable until you clear the WP-Admin slug field from Permalink Options page or uninstal the plugin
- Anything important I should know?
Be careful if using this plugin with other plugins which modify .htaccess file. Also if you are having trouble with your .htaccess file not being generated properly, try deleting it and re-saving Permalink options.
Worked for a while but just took down my site. Had to deactivate through cpanel. Then had to reset permalinks.
I’d been using the plugin successfully for quite a while. But somewhere along the line the password reset link stopped working. The link emailed out after using the “Lost password” form does not include the hidden word required to get to the login page when the plugin is active.
I have installed it on few websites, and is working perfect.
Não funciona na rede
This plugin hasn’t been updated for 2 years and will not work on WP’s newest installs.
It’s still being promoted on Facebook etc. but simply doesn’t work.
To get back into site if you installed it and are locked out, rename your plugins folder, enter in ‘old’ way. Delete plugin. Rename plugin folder to original name. Activate all plugins again.
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ***\plugins\hc-custom-wp-admin-url\hc-custom-wp-admin-url.php on line 98
Contributors & Developers
“HC Custom WP-Admin URL” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed small bug with server HTTPS
- Fixed bug on some WordPress instances where there was a problem with getting the site home path
- Fixed redirection bug of password protected pages
- If WordPress for some reason haven’t applied rewrite rules to .htaccess, default wp-admin url will work
- Fixed redirection bug when slug set to empty
- Fixed URL for “default” permalink settings
- Fixed URL with trailing slash at the end
- Initial release
- Sets basic login and admin redirects and checks
- Able to change link through permalink options page