Please rate this plugin at https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/harden-wp
A super simple plugin that when installed helps prevent Brute Force Attacks, Direct Admin Attacks, and blocks “Bad Bots”.
This plugin is super simple to use. We like to call it a “Install and Forget” plugin. Once installed Harden WP does not add clutter to your WordPress admin area and is programmed to harden your WordPress Install following the recommendations straight from WordPress.org. You can see the WordPress hardening article by visiting https://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress.
Below is a list of features that Harden WP currently has:
- Bad Bot Blocks – We try to keep the list of “Bad Bots” up to date.
- Direct wp-login.php / wp-admin Blocks – This is a commonly known weakness and seems to be the greatest risk
- Admin URL Change – Changes your login url to
http://yoursite.com/admin. – This is schedule to be utomated with option to be changed by users in next version.
Harden WP is schedule to be updated the 3rd of each month with emergency updates whenever needed. If there is any feature that you would like to see in the plugin feel free to send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harden WP does not garunteee that your site is bullet proof and the authors of the plugin are not responsible or reliable in any way for any damages that may happen while using the Harden WP WordPress plugin.
Possible Compatiability Issue
Harden WP could block some features that other plugins use. This does not mean that if Harden WP prevents another plugin from working that the other plugin is insecure. Just incase, all plugins that are known to clash are listed below:
- No plugins yas of the latest release
harden_wpdirectory to the
- Activate the
Harden WPthrough the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
If Harden WP prevents you from activating. It can be for one of the follwoing reasons:
- You MUST has permalinks set. Harden WP can not work unless a permalink setting other then default is selected.
- Your .htaccess file is not writeable. Harden WP MUST be able to write to your .htaccess file to work.
- How to use Harden WP
- Once Installed, all you have to do in enable it.
- Thats It! Yes.. It is truly that easy.
- How do I know if Harden WP is working?
Once the plugin is installed and activated:
- Log out of WordPress
- Visit your Home Page
- Then try to access http://yoursite.com/wp-admin or http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php
If your are rediected to http://yoursite.com/ then Harden WP is working correctly. If not then deactivate harden WP and reactivate, then try again. If it still does not work please visit our Support Forum
You can then log into wp-admin by using http://yoursite.com/admin
Note: Next version will allow for you to control the login url value
- Is there support for Harden WP?
Short Answer is YES!. If you need assistance using Harden WP, then please visit our support forum at . You may post on the WordPress forum but we do not monitor it daily and a response may take awhile.
Contributors & Developers
“Harden WordPress – Instant Protection” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Init testing and finalize Phase 1 of plugin
- Another change.
- Chnage new login from
- Corrected some readme.txt issues