The GuidePress plugin delivers WordPress video tutorials straight to the WordPress Dashboard. The GuidePress plugin is perfect if you are:
- A WordPress Novice – With GuidePress you can quickly learn how to use WordPress by watching short how-to videos. This visual approach is a much a faster way of learning because you actually see how to do things rather than reading guides and figuring it for yourself. All the videos are cleverly organised and placed within the relevant admin screens, this means that you only watch the videos you’re interested rather than watch them all in sequence.
- A WordPress Developer – You can let GuidePress train your clients for you. Using GuidePress means that you spend less time explaining to your clients how to use WordPress. It also means that your clients learn at their own pace and will send you fewer support request emails.
You’ll need a subscription to use this plugin. Simply create a free GuidePress account and you’ll automatically get a lifetime free subscription.
We will soon be offering a Premium subscription.
Main features include:
- There are over 30 video tutorials available to watch.
- Watch video tutorials without leaving the WordPress dashboard
- Videos are discretely placed inside a “video tutorials” dropdown tab
- New video tutorials are added every week
- Videos are categorised into beginner, intermediate, and advanced level
- Create a GuidePress account. It’s free!
- Search for “GuidePress” through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Once you find it, install it and activate it
- Go to settings -> guidepress, and enter your GuidePress.net login details to activate your subscription
- Who is this plugin for
GuidePress is the perfect companion for people new to WordPress. However if you are a WordPress developer then you can give GuidePress to your client and they can learn how to use WordPress at their own pace.
- Why do I need to create a GuidePress.net account
Our video library feed is stored on GuidePress.net. The GuidePress plugin needs to log into GuidePress.net in order to pull the video library feed.
- Why isn’t the video feed hard coded into the GuidePress plugin
We are constantly adding new video tutorials to our library, sometimes daily. That’s why it’s more practical to separate out the feed so that it can be regularly updated. The GuidePress plugin will automatically pull the latest feed about once a week. This will occur in the background and you won’t even notice it happening.
- Can I manually update the feed
Yes, you can do this by going to the GuidePress settings screen. Please follow us on twitter if you want to keep up to date with the latest video tutorials.
- Why are there only a small number of video tutorials
GuidePress is quite a new plugin and that’s why we’re a little short on videos. However we are ramping our efforts to release more videos quickly. We’ll also keep our videos up to date with future releases of WordPress.
- Are the video tutorials available without the GuidePress.net branding
Yes, they are available if you sign up to our premium subscription.
Contributors & Developers
“GuidePress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added functionality for updating video library immediately after user verification.
- Remove the redundant save changes button at the bottom of the settings page.
- A couple of bug fixes.
- A few bug fixes
- Initial beta release.