GuideMe is a simple and easy to use plugin that allows you to create helpful tips for site admins.
You can select any post types or taxonomies to create help messages.
To create a tip, simply drag a pin to the page element that needs to be described. After you add a help text and save it, you can see it on the front-end of the site. These tips are visible only to site administrators who are logged in to wp-admin.
Each page can have unlimited hints, so you can provide the necessary amount of help information for each and every customer.
Install & Activate
Installing the plugin is easy. Just follow these steps:
- From the dashboard of your site, navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- Select the Upload option and hit “Choose File”.
- When the popup appears, select the guideme.zip file from your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait as the upload completes.
- When it’s finished, activate the plugin via the prompt. A message will show confirming activation was successful.
There are no questions yet
I use this plugin on all of my sites to help clients maintain their own sites. Works well with those who learn visually.
Contributors & Developers
“GuideMe” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release