This plugin redirects 404’s caused by hits on pages that are protected by Groups.
The redirection settings can be adjusted in Settings > Groups 404 :
Visits to protected pages can be redirected to:
- a specific post, or
- the WordPress login
The redirection can also be applied for restricted categories, tags and other taxonomy terms if Groups Restrict Categories is used.
The redirect status code can be selected among:
- Moved Permanently (301)
- Found (302)
- See other (303)
- Temporary Redirect (307)
- Fixed a warning for setups using Groups < 2.x.
- Moved the settings to the Groups menu.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.3.
- Added the option to indicate the requested URL in a custom URL parameter when redirecting.
- Groups 2.x legacy mode compatible.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.2
- Tested with WordPress 4.4.
- Updated link to Groups Restrict Categories.
- Added a fix to circumvent a bug in some PHP versions related to the usage of method_exists() with an inexistent class.
- Added check for post restricted by term.
- WordPress 3.9.1 compatibility checked.
- Added support for taxonomy term redirection with Groups Restrict Categories.
- Fixed a redirect loop when redirecting visitors to the WordPress login.
- WordPress 3.8 compatibility checked.
- Added the
groups_404_redirect_post_idfilter to allow fine-tuning redirection by post ID.
- Improved the wording on the settings page.
- Added a link to RFC 2616’s Status Code Definitions in the settings.
- WordPress 3.6 compatibility tested
- Improvement : Added support for Custom Post Types.
- Improvement : Avoiding circular redirection (for example when the target post is also protected).
- Added link to Settings on Plugins screen.
- Initial release.