GroupDocs.Annotation for Cloud plugin lets you embed different types of documents and images into your website and then invite your colleagues and clients to view and annotate them online, without the need to install any document editors or browser plugins.
While modern document editors have built-in tools for annotating documents through comments and tracking changes, the conventional way of working on documents has become too slow and bulky for today’s business pace. New cloud services such as GroupDocs.Annotation streamline this process and offer new and more efficient ways of collaborating with your team.
No need to install any document editors.
While it may still be okay to ask your team members to install the same piece of software to work on documents and images together, you don’t want to force your clients to do the same if they need just to review and annotate a PDF document, for example. Rather than offering them to find and install a PDF annotation tool, you can invite them to do this on your website with a usual web browser without any special plugins.
No compatibility issues.
Even if your team members already have document and image editors for other tasks, they may prefer different types of software, which may cause compatibility problems. With GroupDocs.Annotation you can be sure that your colleagues and partners will see your document exactly the way you see it on your computer.
Instead of waiting for an e-mail from each of your team members with their feedback on a document, you can invite them to annotate it on your website in real time. This can make a difference if you have a close deadline and need to get feedback and approval instantly.
Now you don’t need to check your e-mail, then download the attached document and open it in a specific program to be able to view and annotate it. GroupDocs.Annotation will allow you to do this on any mobile device while you are on the go.
Different types of documents and images supported.
GroupDocs.Annotation plugin allows you to annotate PDF documents, Excel spreadsheets, word-processing documents, PowerPoint presentations and image files (JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF) online.
HOW THIS WORKS
- At first, you will need to sign up with GroupDocs on our website. We offer a 14-day free trial, so you will be able to test everything fully – not only the online PDF annotation tool, but also many other useful apps that come in a single package.
- Install the plugin using this detailed step-by-step instruction.
- Embed the necessary documents and images into your website using the installed plugin.
- Annotate the documents yourself or invite your colleagues or clients to annotate them on your website.
- After viewing all annotations online in your browser, you will be able to print the documents or export them into a PDF file with all comments saved as markers throughout the text.
”’See a LIVE DEMO of how a document can be embedded and annotated on a web-page:”’
”’ Need more help? Contact us. ”’
Installing the plugin
- Upload the entire
groupdocs-annotationfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
Embedding a document to a web-page
- Upload a document to your GroupDocs account.
- Use the GroupDocs.Annotation Embed button in the Visual editor to build an appropriate shortcode by coping & pasting the document’s link.
An alternative way to embed a document is to upload it via the plugin to your groupdocs.com account. A shortcode will be automatically generated and inserted to the content of the post.
Be aware that in order to upload a document via the plugin, you will need to enter your User Id and Private Key, which can be found at the bottom of your profile details in the GroupDocs dashboard (click on the icon in the top right corner of the header to view your profile).
”’For more details on how to install and use the plugin, please see our help page ”’
”’Need more help? Contact us.”’
- Where can I find more info on how to install and use the plugin?
For detailed instructions on how to install and use the plugin, please see our help page
Also, please feel free to contact us for any additional help.
- Are there any specific PHP extensions that should be enabled?
cURL extension is required (extension=php_curl.dll)
- How can I get a Document ID (GUID)
Please see this page for a detailed instruction.
Contributors & Developers
“GroupDocs.Annotation for Cloud” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Updated GroupDocs SDK version in the plugin
- Added enabling/disabling document downloading
- Added enabling/disabling document viewing
- Added enabling/disabling document annotating
- Added enabling/disabling document exporting
- Added field “Email for Collaborator”
- Added functionality the registration of collaborator for opportunity annotate document
- Minor bug fixes.(Support WordPress version 3.9)
- Updated GroupDocs SDK to version 1.8.2
- Minor security fixes.
- Add signature from url iframe.
- Updated GroupDocs SDK.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fix no iframe bug.= 1.3.5 =
- Updated GroupDocs SDK.
- Fix bug with PHP Warning.
- Fixed a bug with pop-up window.
- Update GroupDocs SDK.
- Update tracking parameter.
- Add needed parameter to iframe src.