What is Sitestream?
Our technology streams your website’s images to reduce unnecessary data transfer and display them faster for your visitors. Your user experience improves while you can avoid CO2 emissions from your website.
Just download our plugin and we automatically convert your images to our streamed format in seconds. Suddenly, your images load faster and use less data.
Activate your plugin by starting your 7 day free trial and following the instructions on this link: https://sitestream.co/pricing/
Why is this important?
The internet stands for over 2% of global carbon emissions (equal to aviation) and around 30% of its energy consumption is from data transfer
An improvement in site speed by 0.1 seconds improves conversion rate up to 8% (Google & Deloitte, 2020 study)
How can Sitestream save data and reduce my emissions?
When users quickly scroll past an image, we pause its data load. Combined with the most aggressive lazy loading on the market, and optimal image compression, this leads to reduced data and energy usage for your site usage.
How can Sitestream show my images faster?
As our first image layer is a lot lighter than the original image, content is displayed quicker for your users – improving their experience. This is especially beneficial for high quality images on sites that desire a premium user experience.
“Not only were we able to reduce our data usage with up to 78%, but we now also show images 38% faster for users on fiber connection, and 71% faster on slow 4G. So our user experience has greatly improved, especially for mobile.” – CEO at Rhyme Sthlm
“Initial results have seen AOP reduce its data usage by 65% – greatly exceeding original predictions of 40% – and improve its website image load time by 65-85%, resulting in a better user experience.” – Managing Director at UK AOP
- Avoided emissions be reducing unnecessary image data transfer
- Improved user experience by displaying images faster for users, especially large impact on mobile connection speeds
- See your estimated avoided emissions in real-time in your dashboard
- Optimize image file size automatically by using our smart compression algorithm
- Scale and resize your images using our smart image toolbox
- Positive SEO score impact by improving user experience
- All your images will show up in Google image search etc exactly as normal
- Image streaming
- Avoided CO2 emissions from data transfer
- Data pausing
- Faster image display
- SEO friendly
- Global CDN
- Scaling and resizing
- Smart compression algorithm
- Real-time data usage and avoided emissions dashboard
- Subscribe to a monthly plan to get a license key
- Click “Plugins” > “Add New” in the WordPress admin menu.
- Search for “Sitestream”
- Click “Install Now”
- Click “Activate Plugin”
- Enter your license key and save
Does SITESTREAM work with CSS image backgrounds?
SITESTREAM are working on a solution for handling basic CSS image backgrounds in upcoming releases
What image file types does SITESTREAM support for streaming?
JPG and PNG.
Why are my website images blurry after implementing the SITESTREAM script?
When blurry images are shown this is most likely a result of prefixing images on pages where the SITESTREAM script is not implemented in the head tag. Make sure that the SITESTREAM script is added to every page where the SITESTREAM prefix is used.
Why are the images not streamed when I’m testing the website in a local development environment?
SITESTREAM requires the images to be publicly accessible over the internet. If not, SITESTREAM will fallback to the original image.
How does the solution work?
The first time an image is requested, e.g. when a visitor is access a page (or a crawler), a request for the image will be sent to the SITESTREAM server. Since this is the first time the image is being requested, the image is not transcoded, so the visitor will simply be redirected to the original image source. In parallel the image will be downloaded and transcoded be SITESTREAM. When transcoding of the image is completed, the following image requests will be streamed to any user visiting the site.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Sitestream” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Sitestream” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Name change from Apart to Sitestream
- Readme update
- Bugfix: Css backgrounds images removed from altering url
- Bugfix: If there is no prefix or wrong/failing prefix the plugin will not alter the src of image.
- Bugfix: Where admin settings can’t be reached.
- Name change from Greenweb to Apart
- Name change from Seenthis ImageStream to Greenweb