- build online donation forms
- build online booking forms
- build simple Buy Now forms
NB: this plugin extends Gravity Forms; you still need to install and activate Gravity Forms!
- creation of this plugin was generously sponsored by IstanbulMMV
Thanks for sponsoring new features on Gravity Forms DPS PxPay!
Building a Gravity Form with Credit Card Payments
- add one or more Product fields or a Total field to your form. The plugin will automatically detect the values assigned to these pricing fields
- if required, add customer name and contact information fields to your form. These optional fields can be mapped when creating a DPS PxPay feed and their values stored against each transaction in your DPS Payline console
- add a DPS PxPay feed, mapping your form fields to DPS PxPay transaction fields (Merchant Reference, TxnData1, TxnData2, TxnData3)
Developers can use these filter hooks to modify some invoice properties. Each filter receives a string for the field value, and the Gravity Forms form array.
gfdpspxpay_invoice_reffor modifying the invoice reference
gfdpspxpay_invoice_trans_numberfor modifying the invoice transaction reference; NB: must be unique for PxPay account!
gfdpspxpay_invoice_txndata1for setting the TxnData1 field
gfdpspxpay_invoice_txndata2for setting the TxnData2 field
gfdpspxpay_invoice_txndata3for setting the TxnData3 field
Developers can run processes on these actions (e.g. load classes required to handle invoice presentation):
- Install and activate the Gravity Forms plugin
- Either install automatically through the WordPress admin, or download the .zip file, unzip to a folder, and upload the folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Read Installing Plugins in the WordPress Codex for details.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Edit the DPS PxPay payment gateway settings to set your DPS PxPay user ID and key
- What is DPS PxPay?
DPS PxPay is a hosted Credit Card payment gateway. DPS Payment Express is one of Australasia’s leading online payments solutions providers.
- Will this plugin work without installing Gravity Forms?
No. This plugin adds a DPS Payment Express PxPay payment gateway to Gravity Forms so that you can add online payments to your forms. You must purchase and install a copy of the Gravity Forms plugin too.
- What Gravity Forms license do I need?
Any Gravity Forms license will do. You can use this plugin with the Personal, Business or Developer licenses.
- What is the difference between Normal and Testing (Sandbox) mode?
Gravity Forms DPS PxPay enables you to store two pairs of User ID and User Key credentials. When you first signup for a PxPay account with DPS you will likely be issued development or testing credentials. Later, when you want to go live with your site, you will need to request a new User ID and User Key from DPS. Sandbox mode enables you to switch between your live and test credentials. If you only have testing credentials, both your User ID and Test ID and User Key and Test Key should be identical. In this instance, Sandbox mode can be switched either On or Off.
- Where will the customer be directed after they complete their DPS Credit Card transaction?
Standard Gravity Forms submission logic applies. The customer will either be shown your chosen confirmation message, directed to a nominated page on your website or sent to a custom URL.
- Where do I find the DPS PxPay transaction number?
Successful transaction details including the DPS PxPay transaction number and bank authcode are shown in the Info box when you view the details of a form entry in the WordPress admin.
- How do I add a confirmed payment amount and transaction number to my Gravity Forms admin or customer email?
Browse to your Gravity Form, select Notifications and use the Insert Merge Tag dropdown (Payment Amount, Transaction Number and Auth Code will appear under Custom at the very bottom of the dropdown list).
NB: these custom merge tags will only work if notifications are only sent after payment is accepted.
- How do I change my currency type?
Use your Gravity Forms Settings page to select the currency type to pass to DPS. Please ensure your currency type is supported by DPS
- Purchase or Auth?
DPS PxPay supports two transaction types – Purchase and Auth. The Gravity Forms DPS PxPay plugin only supports the Purchase transaction type
- Can I do recurring payments?
- Can I use Account2Account?
No. Account2Account debits a bank account directly, and Payment Express have told me that they cannot provide a full test environment for me to test in. A2A will never be integrated into the free version of this plugin. It might be integrated into the pro version sometime, but don’t hold your breath.
- Where can I find dummy Credit Card details for testing purposes?
- I get an SSL error when my form attempts to connect with DPS
This is a common problem in local testing environments. Please read this post for more information.
- Can I use this plugin on any shared-hosting environment?
The plugin will run in shared hosting environments, but requires PHP 5 with the following modules enabled (talk to your host). Both are typically available because they are enabled by default in PHP 5, but may be disabled on some shared hosts.
I had a problem using the plugin before and when I contacted the developer, he helped me very well in a very timely manner! I recommend this plugin as it’s simple to use and has a good support.
Contributors & Developers
“Gravity Forms DPS PxPay” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
The full changelog can be found on GitHub. Recent entries:
- MAJOR CHANGE: upgraded to use the Gravity Forms add-on framework; please check your form, feed, and notifications settings after upgrading
- fixed: undefined index errors on
gform_replace_merge_tagshook, e.g. with GF User Registration login widget
- changed: minimum requirements now Gravity Forms 2.0
- changed: actions
gfdpspxpay_process_return_parsedhave been removed; please review other available actions and filters
- changed: each form feed can be independently set to Live or Test/Sandbox
- added: support for notification events Payment Completed and Payment Failed
- added: support for conditional logic in feeds
- added: support for delayed execution of MailChimp, Zapier, and Salesforce feeds
- added: additional detail in errors returned from payment gateway