First off, I would like to say these are the places that helped in getting this plugin going, and the how to do this stuff:
A lot of the code love learning came from: http://www.yaconiello.com/blog/how-to-write-wordpress-plugin/
Displaying the template, if it doesn’t exist:
Some of the advanced options stuff came from reading the source code of the pulse press theme and the Coraline theme.
Now, some of the other information, that you would like to know. It is said that the best way to lead a very full life, full of the good stuff is to be grateful.
How do you go about doing that, a lot isn’t written about it, and usually takes either just paper journaling or what not. But what if you had the template ready to go,
and using your own favorite theme. This is where my plugin comes into play.
By using this, you get a proven plugin template for doing a daily gratitude journal, with the right blanks to fill in. You just supply what you are grateful, using a theme
that goes great with your personality. If you don’t like how my template looks, it is just a custom post type, so it can be extended in your theme to include it, along with
how you want it to look.
How in the world do we get this to go. The best way is to use the reposity, and let it do the installer for you.
If you don’t want that route (for whatever reason) you will need to manually upload it to the /wp-content/plugins directory, and unzip the file.
Once that is done:
1. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
1. This plugin has it’s own settings page.
1. Go to the settings page, and update the options that you want, mainly what kind of text would you care for.
1. Go, start documenting what you are grateful for.
- Can multiple users use this?
Yes, they can. Since this hooks into WordPress’s standard posts, anything that can be done on a post level, can be done on this.
- Please, give me something to put here.
And I will update the readme for a good frequently asked question.
Contributors & Developers
“Daily Gratitude” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added in a new setting to allow the Gratitude Post to have a default visibility setting. This is then carried over to doing a new Gratitude Journal. Of course, the user can change it by changing the visibility before submitting the post.
220.127.116.11 Initial Release
- Not doing a point release, just ensured that activation does not produce the Number of Characters due to the wrong encoding.