This plugin enables you to customize your blog’s sidebar using custom fields. Each page or post on your blog can have a custom sidebar entry. Drag the Graceful Sidebar widget to your theme’s sidebar.
- Upload all the files into your wp-content/plugins directory, be sure to put them into a folder called “graceful_sidebar” – name is important.
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page
- Use the Graceful Title and Graceful Content edit boxes in the post or page edit screen to supply the content that will display in the sidebar widget only for that post or page.
- Drag the “Graceful Sidebar” Widget to one of the sidebars in your theme.
Please see the graceful_sidebar plugin home page for details.
- Why does the plugin only display a blank title?
Most likely because you have another plugin in your sidebar that is changing the focus of the current post. By the time wordpress gets to the task of displaying Graceful Sidebar’s content it doesn’t know what the current post or page is.
Contributors & Developers
“Graceful Sidebar Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Added support for custom post types, fixed problem with bulk post edits.
- Removed cleanup of legacy which was causing deleted graceful sidebars
- Added shortcode support for title and content
- Fix extraneous closing DIV tag
- Found a bug related to post revisions
- Fixed intermittent failures in save
- Fixed a bug in the save routine
- Replaced standard custom fields variables with field variables that will not display in the custom field boxes – since we now use our own post meta boxes to store these values.
- Fixed new custom fields – now the fields are actually saved
- Fixed graceful_content custom input field. Input field now fits within available space and becomes stretchable.
- Added custom text fields in the post edit screen to store the graceful title and sidebar content rather than using custom fields.
- Fixed empty box appearing on pages where no graceful title and/or graceful content was supplied – Thanks to Peter Hoyer for this fix
- Fixed bug enabling plugin to work on pages as well as posts
- Formatting and documentation for functions
- readme enhancements
- Initial Release