GplusBadge is a fully customisable google+ badge plugin for wordpress.
It adds a widget to your blog that will display an “Add to Circles” badge for your google+ profile or page. It displays your name, profile image, number and images of people who have added you in their circles.
- GplusBadge can be used for your Google+ profile as well. It is not restricted to Google+ pages alone.
- GplusBadge can show your profile picture.
- GplusBadge can show the REAL “Add to circles” button for pages, so people can add your page to their circles without leaving your website.
- GplusBadge can show +1 button for your website.
- GplusBadge can show the number of your followers.
- GplusBadge can show follower images.
- GplusBadge is fully customisable.
- It is FREE!!!
Additional Info –
The plugin uses caching to store your google plus profile data to eliminate checking google+ on every page load.
For the caching to work, your web-server needs to be able to write to wp-content. (a lot of plugins require this so it should be fine).
For any issues, please mail to email@example.com
Plugin page : http://www.gplusbadge.skipser.com
- Download gplus-badge.zip and unzip
- Upload the unzipped gplus-badge folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress and add the widget to your sidebar.
- Go to ‘Appearence’->’Widgets’ and in the GplusBadge drop down form, input your google+ id. (You can find your google+ id by going to your profile, it is the 21 digit number e.g. plus.google.com/YOUR_ID_IS_HERE).
Here’s a video to make it easy.
- I get the error “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in plugins/gplus-badge/gplusbadgehelper.php”
This is a problem with your PHP setup. You are almost certainly running PHP4. The plugin requires PHP5. WordPress requires PHP5 after version 3.2 too. Talk to your host about using PHP5.
- I get the error “Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /*****/*****/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/gplus-badge/gplusbadgehelper.php”
You probably have something other than your Google+ id in the Google+ id box. Make sure you just put in the numbers from the url of your Google+ profile and nothing else.
- I get the error “Warning: file_get_contents(http://plus.google.com/*******… [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden”
This is a HTTP 403 error from Google+, it means they have banned your server’s IP from making requests to their servers. This usually isn’t anything to do with the plugin (it makes very few calls to Google’s servers) and it is more likely that you are on shared hosting, and someone else who shares your IP has been scraping Google.
- I get the error “file_get_contents(http://plus.google.com/… [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Unable to find the socket transport “ssl” – did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?”
Because Google+ is HTTPS, you need to get your host to enable openssl and configure it for PHP.
- I get the error “Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /var/www/web1281/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/gplus-badge/gplusbadgehelper.php”. AND/OR I get the error “Warning: file_get_contents(http://plus.google.com/1082378… [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /var/www/web1281/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/gplus-badge/gplusbadgehelper.php”
The plugin requires either CURL or file_get_contents() to be enabled on your server.If your host gives you access to your php.ini then you can change the ‘allow_url_fopen’ setting to ’1′ which will fix your problem. Otherwise speak to your host and ask them to enable CURL or allow_url_fopen for you.
- I have enabled showing followers, but the follower images are not shown/
This can happen if you have not specified a width. The number of followers to show is calculated based on width. Without width, this can’t be done and so the follower images are not displayed.
Contributors & Developers
“GplusBadge” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Modified to work with new Google+ layout.
Original “Add to circles” button for profile ids.
- Added +1 button support..
- Enhanced to adapt to width dynamically..
- Release …