After using the other BBCode plugins available for WordPress and finding all of them lacking, I decided to create my own. It supports the following tags:
- [b] — Bold (replaced with “strong” tag)
- [i] — Italics (replaced with “em” tag)
- [u] — Underline
- [s] — Strikeout
- [url] — Creates a link. Both [url=http…]text[/url] and [url]http…[/url] styles are supported
- [quote] — Quoted text (replaced with “blockquote” tag)
- [code] — Code (replaced with “pre” tag)
- [size=n] — Font size
- [color=#nnnnnn] — Font color
- [img] — Inline image
- [ol][li]…[/li][/ol] — Ordered list
- [ul][li]…[/li][/ul] — Unordered list
- Does this support multi-line enclosed tags?
YES! The main reason I wrote this was because I have documents where an opening [b] tag might be several paragraphs up from the closing [/b] tag, and this caused other plugins–especially shortcode-based ones–to puke and produce no text at all.
- Will you support YouTube tags?
If someone asks for it. I assume there are shortcodes that already do this, though.
- Can you support random tag [x]?
Sure. Just request it in the comments here: http://www.gorzek.com/dev/wordpress-dev/bbcode-filter
Please describe the tag and what it’s supposed to do. I mostly want to support commonly-used BBCode tags, so try not to suggest anything too outlandish.
- Fixed fatal bug. Oops.
- Added support for lists (ordered and unordered.)
- Initially-released version.