The plugin tries to geolocate visitors of your site using hostip.info and shows the latest 200 in real-time using the google maps api.
Maps can be inserted at any place using the “shortcodes” system in WordPress 2.5 and up.
If the IP address is already logged once it will not lookup the geo data again to speed up things. The main search engines are mapped under one IP address to avoid a lot of loggings for the same bot.
- Define default values for vars
- Make is possible to add and change points
- Make is possible to add and change polylines
- Make is possible to add and change categories
- ?? Avoid using a seperate database connection to load the points
Installation of this plugin is fairly easy:
- Download the plugin.
- Extract all the files.
- Upload everything (keeping the directory structure) to the
- There should be a
/wp-content/plugins/googlemapstatsdirectory now with
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Edit the phpsqlajax_dbinfo.php manually and enter your sql database credentials.
Open the phpsqlajax_genxml3.php placed on your site directly in your browser to test whether it is working. In case of any problems you could try phpsqlajax_genxml.php or phpsqlajax_genxml2.php. The output should look like: phpsqlajax_genxml3.xml
If you do not have a googlemaps API key yet, get your free GoogleMapKey at the Google Maps Homepage: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html
Into the main config page fill in all fields. Especially important are:
* Enter you googlemaps API key in the main config page.
* Enter a valid html link to the phpsqlajax_genxml3.php script that provides xml data for the googlemap. This can be even a link to another site or a static xml only file for testing.
Now create a page on your wordpress blog and insert the shortcode [googleMapStats] in your post.
You should see a “GoogleMap” items in the menu.
The sub pages are present not functional yet:
* Manage Points
* Manage Polylines
* Manage categories
No questions yet. Please ask.
Contributors & Developers
“GoogleMapStats” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First version hosted public on wordpress.org
- Make site independent by using get_option(‘siteurl’) or create a config value.
- Make config for post id for map
- Configure height and width of the map
- Create option for default zoom and coordinates: map.setCenter(new GLatLng(52.331130, 0.000000), 2)
- Added functionality to display visitors using the googlmaps api.
- First version with logging capabilities only