Lets users on your blog chat with you live through Google Chatback. If you are offline it links to a contact form instead. Works great for live support or live help on your site!
This would not have been possible with out the Google Talk Status API in PHP here: http://israelwebdev.wordpress.com/2009/02/05/google-talk-status-api-in-php/
For questions or suggestions please visit the author’s site:
- Upload the
google-talk-chatback-wordpress-widgetfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the ‘Widgets’ menu, place the GoogleChatback widget in the sidebar you would like it to appear
- Configure the Title, Chatback Hash and Contact URL attributes for the widget.
- How do I change the images shown for online and offline status?
The images are located in the plugin folder (live-support.png and contact-us.png). Simply replace these images with whatever you would like to be shown. You must give the new images the same names.
For users of Adobe Photoshop I have included the PSD source files if you want to edit the icons.
- Where can I get a Google Talk Chatback hash key?
Login to your Google account (Gmail account) and go to this site:
The hash key is the part between “tk=” and “&”. Simply copy and paste it into the “Chatback Hash” section of the widget.
- What do I put in the “Contact URL” section of the widget?
Put the URL to your contact form that you have on your website (ie: http://yourdomain.com/contact-us/).
- I am completely lost!
Leave a message at http://fixmonster.com/google-talk-chatback-wordpress-widget and I will help you if I can!
Chatwing provides an excellent Free chatroom and shoutbox for any website or blog. It takes a moment to implement and has numerous features.
Chatwing does not require a wordpress plugin it is very simple to use.
Contributors & Developers
“Google Talk Chatback Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First Release of the Google Talk Chatback WordPress Widget