Adds link rel=”standout”/”syndication-source”/”canonical” meta data to the <head> of your posts as per Google News guidlines.
Google specs: http://www.google.com/support/news_pub/bin/answer.py?answer=191283
Publisher metadata tags
Option 1: Download from WordPress.org through WordPress Plugin Installer
- Go to your plugins page and click the “Add New” button.
- Search for the “Author Meta” plugin.
- Once found, click on the link from the search page to go to the installation page.
- Click the “Install Now” button to install the plugin from the WordPress site.
- Activate the Plugin.
Option 2: Manually download the Plugin and upload it to your WordPress site:
1. Download the Plugins .ZIP file.
2. Extract the .ZIP file so that the files are in the root folder of the expanded folder.
3. Upload the expanded plugin folder to your site at: /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
4. Activate the Plugin.
What does this plugin do?
- It adds metadata tags to the header of your site in compliance with Google specifications for identifying article importance.
What are the available options?
- Google currently identifies three tag options:
Full descriptions can be found at the Google link
How does it work?
- The plugin adds an option selector to each post that allows you to choose between the three options and specify the appropriate URL.
This will get added to the header when the post is displayed.
- If you want to mark the current post as a standout article, select “Current post as standout” and leave the URL field empty
- To mark another article, select “URL as syndication” or “URL as canonical” and provide the appropriate URL
- Save the post
How do I remove a link?
– Select the “None” option and blank out the Referenced URL field and save your post.
Contributors & Developers
“Google Standout” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added the option to flag another article as standout