Adds link rel=”standout”/”syndication-source”/”canonical” meta data to the <head> of your posts as per Google News guidlines.
Google specs: http://www.google.com/support/news_pub/bin/answer.py?answer=191283
Publisher metadata tags
What does this plugin do?
- It adds metadata tags to the header of your site in compliance with Google specifications for identifying article importance.
What are the available options?
- Google currently identifies three tag options:
Full descriptions can be found at the Google link
How does it work?
- The plugin adds an option selector to each post that allows you to choose between the three options and specify the appropriate URL.
This will get added to the header when the post is displayed.
- If you want to mark the current post as a standout article, select “Current post as standout” and leave the URL field empty
- To mark another article, select “URL as syndication” or “URL as canonical” and provide the appropriate URL
- Save the post
How do I remove a link?
– Select the “None” option and blank out the Referenced URL field and save your post.
- Added the option to flag another article as standout